Pac-Nor Barrels?

Here are my top three barrels, the best being #1 and so on;

1. Krieger-I believe these barrels are the best on the market today.

2. Hart- You can't go wrong with a Hart, they are a close second to Krieger.

3. Lilja-are great for the larger caliber bullets, 7mm, 30 and 338 cal.

If I were you, I would go with one of the above mentioned barrels, before I would buy a Pac-nor. I am not knocking Pac-nor, they make good barrels. However, in my opinion the three listed above are MUCH better.

Good Luck
Wildcat

I have one on my 22br. and have shot many bug hole groups with it shot a .895 group at 300 yds. the first two were locked and pulled the 3rd out a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifAnd to be fair I have heard of others that have had problems with Pac/Nor... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I didn't think much of Pac-Nor till I saw this equipment list from Wisconsin's HBR Championships this year. The winner just set a NBRSA record a few weeks ago with his Pac-Nor (250-21X). In this shoot he beat two former National Champions and the 100/200 yard Agg record holder (500-27X). You will also notice that barrel choice is a mixed bag.

Wisconsin State HBR Championships

I have more pac-nor barrels on my custom guns than any other brand. are they betterthan the rest NO !!!! but they are very good. my only advice is stay away from 3 groove.
UB

I got a 3 groove Pac-Nor 260 that shoots in the .3's at 100yds (5shots) and consistently less than half MOA at longer ranges.
shootingpic.jpg

photo shows four less than 1.5" at 400yds. and yes one flyer but that was me i called it when it broke.

PAC-NOR is good JU-JU /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
BTW pics not meant to discredit precision capability of Pac-Nor barrels, i'm sure they will shoot far better than i can.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.