pa gunsmith to check out.

joejo

i just thought anyone in pa, or anywhere for that matter, wanting work done, or a complete build, you might want to check out this guy. i had him work on several rifles of mine and the work was really good.

Grouse Point Gunworks - Home

i shot the 6.5x47 lapua that is pictured on his site at 1k, 800, and 500 and it shot great.

i just thought anyone in pa, or anywhere for that matter, wanting work done, or a complete build, you might want to check out this guy. i had him work on several rifles of mine and the work was really good.

Grouse Point Gunworks - Home

i shot the 6.5x47 lapua that is pictured on his site at 1k, 800, and 500 and it shot great.

C&P from site ...

Blue Print of Action:

Customer supplied action

Remington 700 $475.00

~ Single Point Cut ~

WOW$ER! Most smith charges (including this site's sponsor smiths) ~half of that (average ~$250). One of the local smith that I go to, blueprints customer supplied Remington 700 action, chamber, thread, fit, crown, and install new barrels for $300. :rolleyes::D:cool:lightbulb

Sorry, don't mean to start anything and I'm sure he does wonderful work but WOW$ER that caught my attention!

i am not sure what all is done with his "blue printing" ;perhaps more than typical? lapping bolt lugs and such? i dont know.
maybe its a misprint?

If it's a misprint, that's a $300 misprint compared to these two site sponsors ...

Action Work (in WI)

Full action truing of Rem. 700 or Savage . . . . . . $175.00
(Single point recutting of bolt face, bolt nose, and lugs, lugs abrasive lapped, reciever face and lug abutments recut, action threads single point recut, (indicated to within .0002" on bolt raceway)).

and

Montour County Rifles (in PA)

Action Blueprint (Remington, Winchester, Howa, Weatherby Vanguard) - $175

Includes:

Single point re-cut action face and internal locking lugs perpendicular to the bolt bore centerline
Single point re-cut action threads concentric with the bolt bore centerline
Single point re-cut bolt lugs and bolt face perpendicular to the bolt body centerline

If you do a search, Kevin Cram (MCR) did an awesome video of his blueprinting process in youtube.

okay, i am not turning this into a ****ing match. i don't know what all is involved, like i said. i just posted a link to his site bc i shot some of his guns and he did some work for me that was great. that is all.

i would assume that being as how all his prices are typical or competitive with every other service listed, (ie pillar bedding chambering cut crown trigger work etc) i assume there has to be something else involved. again i don't know. call and ask him. express your concern and i am sure he will be obliged to work with each customer regarding cost if indeed his price is high.

Your title says "pa gunsmith to checkout" ... and I did, and just sharing my findings.

If you consider that a ****ing contest then that's your problem because that was never my intention as I noted on my original response, enough said. lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.