p223 or Leupold mark AR

I'm assuming the P223 is like the P300. I know there are more version of the P223. There is only one of the P300. Generally, they seem similar.

I bought a p300. It was under $200 vs $1600 for the Leupold Mark 4 MR/T scope with the 300 BLK reticle. The Nikon reviewed OK. Foghorn had a review as did gunsumerreports. ( I shoot a 300 ACC Blackout and 458 Socom in AR)

Gear Review: Nikon P-300 BLK Riflescope | The Truth About Guns
Nikon P-300BLK Scope Review

Nikon has an online site, no pun intended, that provides for ballistic solutions (i.e., ballistic tables and cards) for non-default loads and rifles. You can still use the ballistic dots when loading something different or when putting the scope on a different gun. You just print out a card with your distances on them.

Nikon Spot On™ Ballistic Match Technology Program

The p223 is a second focal plain scope the Leupold is a first focal plain scope. I don't know if that matters to you. (The Nikon site will give ranges at different magnifications too)

I've used both side by side, both are pretty good glass for the price. The Leupy has slightly better glass, and is a bit more user friendly, but was a bit more spendy. The Leupy is US made (which sold it for me) and very tough for a lower end scope. Mine's been beating around my pickup for 3 or 4 years on my RRA, dropped in the snow, had 2 kids stand on it in the backseat a zillion times, truck door has slammed the butt of the rifle hard enough to knock it into the other door (was in a soft case, but still a bad move on my part) Still passes the box test.

The Nikon M223 is a lot closer to the Mark AR. Even the price is closer.

I goofed I meant M223 I bought the Nikon there were just a few more features that the Nikon had over the Leupold. I will post my reviews afterward.

Also refurb'd from Natchez was 279 shipped. so price was amazing. to say the least.

I goofed I meant M223 I bought the Nikon there were just a few more features that the Nikon had over the Leupold. I will post my reviews afterward.

Also refurb'd from Natchez was 279 shipped. so price was amazing. to say the least.
Yup, if it's an M223, you'll love it, especially at that price. I'm a big fan of the Monarch scopes.

I love the M223 excellent clarity and holds just fine on the QD mount. Only beef was there is a little fuzz on the Nikoplex cross hairs. This is hardly worth complaining about and I also wish I had standard turrets for the elevation instead of the Rapid action turrets.

I love the M223 excellent clarity and holds just fine on the QD mount. Only beef was there is a little fuzz on the Nikoplex cross hairs. This is hardly worth complaining about and I also wish I had standard turrets for the elevation instead of the Rapid action turrets.
You can swap out your turrets for the lower profile ones. Check the Nikon website, or you may have to call them. It's been a while, but I think it's fairly cheap to get the hunter style turrets.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.