oylmpic arms uppers

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by timmyatnop, Nov 19, 2010.

1. timmyatnop

timmyatnop Well-Known Member

Think about buying a couple uppers from midway usa ,300/221and 243wssm.wana shoot 300 grain smk in 300 upper ,does.anybody have any experience with that caliber and in that upper.?

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

That company is absolute junk! Not midway Olympic arms try SSK industries for what you want or ADCO

3. BigSkyGP

BigSkyGP Well-Known Member

I've never heard bad about Olympic Arms. They were actually one of the original pioneers of the piston conversions. I don't have any of their stuff, so I can't swear by them. I've heard good about their NM barrels.

DPMS's quality control has declined do to the recent(last 2-3yrs) volume, that they've been doing.

Armalight is still good, from what I hear.

I have gone with RRA the last three builds of my AR 15s. I can't say enough about the Rock River Arms' fit, finish, and acuracy. Oh, and RRA's are resonably priced.

My next upper is going to be in 458 SOCOM, from RRA. When I get around to building my NM(already have the RRA receiver) all the parts will be RRA, even though I was drooling on another barrel.

There are some smaller companys doing AR10's that I think are reputable.