Oversized bolt handle

huntem

Greetings to all

I've notice a few rigs here on the size that have oversized bolt handles. I am looking to do something similar but not sure of the pros/cons of one style or another. I'm not even sure the cost for that type of mod or who would be a good smithy?

Thanks in advance

I had my badger bolt knob installed by Chris Matthews at LSR. www.longshotriflesllc.com It was @ 100 dollars. I needed it done because the bolt knob had been skelitonized previously. It really makes opening and closing the bolt effortless, you can do it with 2 fingers now.

d-a

I have a badger bolt handle on mine. The badger works really well. It is an easy modification that you can do yourself. All you need is a bench grinder, hand file, and threading die. The badger bolt knob comes with instructions.

Hi i have a R W Hart extended bolt handle coming to try it is one piece and nicely shaped but the most common approach is a badger type threaded extension i can make them myself but opted to try a diferent approach this time. I will have to re silver solder it but that is OK as i can true it up and machine it easier without the handle on their anyhow.

I will also drill and tap the handle and place 3 screws through the handle into the bolt body aswell as silver soldering them to make a totaly secure bolthandle that will not be able to be broken off especialy with an ultra mag case.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.