Oversized bolt handle

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by huntem, Nov 12, 2006.

1. huntem

huntem Well-Known Member

Greetings to all

I've notice a few rigs here on the size that have oversized bolt handles. I am looking to do something similar but not sure of the pros/cons of one style or another. I'm not even sure the cost for that type of mod or who would be a good smithy?

Thanks in advance

2. 1doug

1doug Well-Known Member

I had my badger bolt knob installed by Chris Matthews at LSR. www.longshotriflesllc.com It was @ 100 dollars. I needed it done because the bolt knob had been skelitonized previously. It really makes opening and closing the bolt effortless, you can do it with 2 fingers now.

d-a

3. climber

climber Member

I have a badger bolt handle on mine. The badger works really well. It is an easy modification that you can do yourself. All you need is a bench grinder, hand file, and threading die. The badger bolt knob comes with instructions.

4. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

Hi i have a R W Hart extended bolt handle coming to try it is one piece and nicely shaped but the most common approach is a badger type threaded extension i can make them myself but opted to try a diferent approach this time. I will have to re silver solder it but that is OK as i can true it up and machine it easier without the handle on their anyhow.

I will also drill and tap the handle and place 3 screws through the handle into the bolt body aswell as silver soldering them to make a totaly secure bolthandle that will not be able to be broken off especialy with an ultra mag case.

Cheers Bill
    Australia