Out of the Box: Best Long Range Target Rifle/Caliber/Ammo Combo?

You are right. On page one the op said he was looking for a 2k to 3k rifle. He was also looking for .5 or under moa. I realize this is at the top of the price range but fits the bill. Unless he changed his price range later. I only read the first 6 pages.

I should clarify that 'm looking at spending $2K-$3K TOTAL (rifle/glass/bipod/etc.), not just $2-3K on the gun.

Sorry for the confusion.

6.5mm Shootout: .260 Remington vs. 6.5x47 Lapua vs. 6.5 Creedmoor

Here is some info I just looked up.
Hey! I'm not trying to put down the Creedmoor. It's great to, but Ammo is so easily available for the 260. In this video (must be older) they form brass. Since Lapua, nosler and norma all have brass and it seems to be everywhere - at least the nosler is.

Check the price on some decent match ammo for the 260 then look at the 6.5 creedmoor. I recently took a buddy out and ran his new 6.5 CM over the magneto speed. SD was about 10fps according the magneto speed if I remember right. That's darn good for factory hornady loads with 140 gr Amax at ~$28 a box of 20. Cheapest you get in the 260 is the Federal gold medal at ~$38. I believe Nosler has announced they will be making 6.5 CM here shortly so brass choice in getting better.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts