Hello everyone! First post from a pistol guy that has been bitten by the long range bug! While LR shooting is very different from the pistol shooting I’m used to, I have really started to develop the same passion for it that I had/still have for pistols. I did a broad search, but couldn’t find exactly what I’m looking for so I thought I’d make this post. I'm starting to get some ideas for my first LR gun, and want to make sure I'm headed down the right path. What I’m looking for from you guys with FAR more experience than I have, is some recommendations, or points to consider, based on the following criteria. Intended Use: Strictly a range gun. I'm not a hunter, and pretty sure I'll never turn into one! Basic Criteria: Looking for the best out of the box LR TARGET (ONLY) rifle – this will not be used for hunting. We have 2 main ranges here, so distance is up to 1K yards. I would say about 60% of my range time will be at 100 yards (as that range is much closer to me), with the other 40% at distances up to 1K yards. The 2 calibers I’m most familiar with are .223 (AR-15) and 300 WM. I have some small children, and am working on a second business, so reloading is something I don’t really have the time for right now. That’s why I’m looking for the best out of the box Target caliber with factory loads. I *may* get into reloading at a later date, but we’re talking at least a year or two down the road. Goals: Develop proficiency out to 1K yards, with the ability to *consistently* group .25 to .5 at 100 yards. Budget: $2K to $3K range, trying to stay closer to the $2K, of course. I also have the mindset that the glass is going to cost about 2x what the rifle does to get the kind of accuracy I’m looking for. Thanks again for your help, and please let me know if there is any other info you need, or criteria for me to consider *Note: Sorry for the double post. I posted this in the other forum by mistake, but think it's a better fit here.