Our Youth 2022 - No Idea on the History of the United States.

Encourage your kids to look into the trades. There is money to be made because people can't, or don't have time to do anything for themselves.
My biggest mistake when I left the Marine Corps was not going into one of the trade programs offered like helmets to hard hats, and went to college instead. Many of those programs were 18 months and had jobs lined up.

I'll take a stab. Midway. WWII USA defeated Japan.
Very close. Leyte Gulf, better known as "Iron Bottom Sound". My father was there. In both of these battles mentioned, if you don't believe in "Divine Intervention", you had better do a more in depth study of each one.

Because my father was there, I have read a lot of books on the Pacific Campaign, both US and Japan writings.

As a retired teacher myself. I'll have to agree that the public education system has gone to H--- In a handbasket. Students are not held accountable for anything anymore.

Today it's the cell phone and an app for everything. The kids in the public school system today are brain dead, with exceptions of those whose parents actually care about an education. Rote memorization is a thing of the past.

When I got out of the Navy I had no intentions of college. Something happened one day, one of those "Devine interventions", where I said to myself, " there has to be a better life than this", and used my veterans benefits and enrolled in college. Fourteen years later I received my PhD.