Our Colorado Elk Hunt

G

Three shooters....three bulls! This was the best of the three taken; a 6x6, 5x5 and a scrubby horned 4x4 which was a mistake!

The left eye guard on this bull is over 18" long!

DickandDave.jpg

Nice bull!!! Sounds like a successful hunt.

Any details like caliber, distance and bullet performance will be received well here!!!

Congratulations on a great looking bull. Looks like he's got good mass and a great front end. Great ivory tips.

Like Bill said, need more details.

Congrats to you. We had success too. We went 2 for 2 with my dad scoring on a big 6x6 as well. I took a 3x3 and saved a bunch of vacation days for my deer hunt.

Congrats

Maybe we could have hooked up for a lunch or something, near the post office in Romeo maybe.

Bill Bailey

My friend Dave took this bull...he's on the right in the photo! Dave's a good shooter but he probably got a little "flustered" on the day he shot this bull! He was sitting in the northeast end of about a 500 yd. long open and narrow glade adjacent to dark timber when THE FIRST BULL WALKED out and he shoots a 300 Rem Ultra Mag with 180 gr. Scirocco bullets. Well...the bull is about 400 yards and he proceeds to put the post of his multi-plex cross hair on the middle of the bulls shoulder and as he's sighted in dead on at 200 with the main crosshair....he shoots over the bull. The bull turns and walks back into the timber at the shot! Fifteen seconds later...the bull in the photo walks out about 30 yards closer and by this time....Dave realizes his mistake! This shot...he holds the main crosshair about 8" below the top of the bulls backbone and proceeds to shoot both lungs through and through! As he's sitting there admiring his work and watching this bull....out walks a LARGER BULL broadside to him from 50 yards away! The bull stands there while Dave is going through coronary convulsions and then walks back into the timber! THIS IS THE BULL....I'm going to nail NEXT YEAR Good Lord willing as Dave is going to lay out next season so I....get to hunt The Rock!!

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get an elk to jump in the back of a Jeep before it expires? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe!

It took 5 of us to coax him into it!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.