Other Good Forums For Len To Learn From

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Len Backus, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Help me improve our site. I embrace the challenge of learning and making something better. I always have, it's my nature. I am having a hoot on our site these days.

So...which other outdoor sites do you think provide the best experience for their members? I mean more than just the message board (forum) portion of the site. I mean added content. In our case added content would be the articles.

When I say outdoor...it could be hunting, fishing, camping, rafting, etc. The point is to find a good idea and then adapt it to our site.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

I visit Hunttalk because it has a lot of information about Idaho hunting. One of the things that they do is place on the front page a "lead story" of the week with a photo. While we have an "article" on the front it might be possible to put another column up and have a nice story lead each week. For example we have very few female hunters here and there is a nice photo of a lady and a very big mule deer posted this afternoon. That would be such a "lead story".

3. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

I go to 6mmBR.com quite often. There is a lot of info available as well as product reviews, personal gun reviews etc. etc.

They do tend to shoot little "pipsqueak" rounds but you can't hold that against them.;);)

4. NONYA

NONYA Banned

Predator Masters and Muley Madness,bolth have experienced outdoorsmen and shooters who enjoy sharing and learning,these two sites dont allow the BS you see on other large forums.