Original sendero question?

What do you imagine one in good condition would be worth? Say 7mag?
I see them selling for $800-1,200 depending on condition. It's hard for me to pay that for one, since when I bought my Sednero SF 7mmSTW new for dealer cost, it was $650 + tax... :cool:

When I tell folks that, it tends to really **** in their wheaties... :D

I would love to get one in 7mmRM. That's one of my favorite calibers. I've been searching for one for a while...But haven't found any for decent prices. And when I DO have the cash, I never can find one. LOL

I see them selling for $800-1,200 depending on condition. It's hard for me to pay that for one, since when I bought my Sednero SF 7mmSTW new for dealer cost, it was $650 + tax... :cool:

When I tell folks that, it tends to really **** in their wheaties... :D

I would love to get one in 7mmRM. That's one of my favorite calibers. I've been searching for one for a while...But haven't found any for decent prices. And when I DO have the cash, I never can find one. LOL

Mud runner: are you finding the black fluted sendero's? I was to understand they were a little more rare, in previous posts. I thought maybe they might be a little more valuable but I guess only to somebody who would collect sendero's? If they made that few and if they are that accurate...

Mud runner: are you finding the black fluted sendero's? I was to understand they were a little more rare, in previous posts. I thought maybe they might be a little more valuable but I guess only to somebody who would collect sendero's? If they made that few and if they are that accurate...

Are tou referring to the all-blued finish with the flutes? Or the stainless barrel with the black flutes?

The shiny stainless barrel with black flutes is not rare. That is the current model (SF II) Sendero that remington offers.

I have only seen a couple of blued finish fluted Senderos. Those are extremely rare from what I can gather. I haven't found much info on them.

As long as the Sendero has not been shot out or abused, they're all surgically accurate with the right load in them.

I was talking all blue fluted, found one in 7mag I'm trying to get ahold of, that's why I was wondering about how rare they are. It's the first one I've ever seen.

Are tou referring to the all-blued finish with the flutes? Or the stainless barrel with the black flutes?

The shiny stainless barrel with black flutes is not rare. That is the current model (SF II) Sendero that remington offers.

I have only seen a couple of blued finish fluted Senderos. Those are extremely rare from what I can gather. I haven't found much info on them.

As long as the Sendero has not been shot out or abused, they're all surgically accurate with the right load in them.

I was talking all blue fluted, found one in 7mag I'm trying to get ahold of, that's why I was wondering about how rare they are. It's the first one I've ever seen.

From everything I've read, and like stated in here...I find alot of folks talking about only 500 were made. If it has been taken care of, and not shot out or the throat burnt out, it should be an awesome piece to store in the safe. I'm not just a shooter, but a collector, as well...So, I have some guns that I have not and will not shoot. One of which is my IAB 1874 Sharps replica 29" full-octagon .45-70 with double-set triggers...It has been shot, but I have never shot it. Just one of those guns that has that "cool factor" as a conversation piece, you know?

If it is truly 1 of 500, it's worth more as a collector's piece, in y opinion.

And honestly, if you can get that all-blued fluted Sendero for a decent price, I'd buy it and store it in the safe. Then buy another Sendero to shoot alot. Just simply my opinion. But then again, I am not the Sendero authority or the Sendero master, so my opinion is just another opinion out there. I am just a guy like all of yall, with the same passion for Senderos.

Let me know how the buy goes, and definitely post pics if you get it.

Like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 62
wow .that is a rarity,,,,, and looks like the early HS spatter job...where were they made???
never even seen them offered up here....retail for the SF`s was 899.00 back in 1998...we are paying 800 ish for a modified and up to 1200 for factory condition...

That's a 7mm right there. We might need a sendero specific forum... So yours was pretty accurate from the factory? IMO a limited run like that is going to have the best quality control, I would think, it should be spot on. Any other opinions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 25
That's awesome. I'll trade you my semi custom remington 308 :D I like that style a lot better. I think the palm swells are uncomfortable and the black flutes look tacky. Remington would make a killing if they stayed with the black BBL/flutes and no palm swell.

Thanks fer sharing ,,,she is a bute....might have to add one (or 2)of them if i ever see one...
what letter does the serial number start with ????

That is the gun I have. Mine is 300 win mag and wears a leupold 6.5-20 in matte black,,,,did I mention it's not for sale,,,GRIN

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.