Organizational Meeting: Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)

ELR Researcher

The organizational meeting of the non-commercial, shooter-, builder-, owner-, and supporter-based, Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA) will be held on Tuesday, January 14 during the 2014 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, NV. The meeting will be in the Marcello Room (#4402), 4th level of the Venetian/Palazzo Congress Center and will begin at 3:00. The doors will open at 2:30 and we have use of the room until 6:00.

The meeting is open to all interested parties, SHOT Show attendees and non-attendees alike. Especially encouraged to attend are those interested in helping to form the Association and further its objectives.

Thank you to Desert Tech (formerly Desert Tactical Arms) for their support and generosity, the meeting will be held in their meeting space. Their new logo appears on the Supporters page.

Anyone wishing to provide assistance, or to provide constructive suggestions, is requested to e-mail webmaster at unlimitedrange.org. Corporate supporters are encouraged to provide their logo for inclusion on the Association's Supporters page. Examples of "corporate supporters" include, but are not limited to, those business entities providing equipment or services needed to conduct an activity (event) and those allowing use of their company logo on the Supporters page to evidence their support.

Meeting agenda and substantially more information about the proposed association are at unlimiterrange.org - agenda on the Home page and substantial additional info on the About page (link at bottom of Home page).

Oscar Leckliter
URSA Facilitator and Interim Webmaster

"unlimited extreme..." being a probable source of confusion, changed to Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA) and unlimitedrange.org.

My sincerest apology for the confusion. Hopefully less now.

The organizational meeting of the non-commercial, shooter-, builder-, owner-, and supporter-based, Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA) will be held on Tuesday, January 14 during the 2014 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, NV. The meeting will be in the Marcello Room (#4402), 4th level of the Venetian/Palazzo Congress Center and will begin at 3:00. The doors will open at 2:30 and we have use of the room until 6:00.

The meeting is open to all interested parties, SHOT Show attendees and non-attendees alike. Especially encouraged to attend are those interested in helping to form the Association and further its objectives.

Thank you to Desert Tech (formerly Desert Tactical Arms) for their support and generosity, the meeting will be held in their meeting space. Their new logo appears on the Supporters page.

Anyone wishing to provide assistance, or to provide constructive suggestions, is requested to e-mail webmaster at unlimitedrange.org. Corporate supporters are encouraged to provide their logo for inclusion on the Association's Supporters page. Examples of "corporate supporters" include, but are not limited to, those business entities providing equipment or services needed to conduct an activity (event) and those allowing use of their company logo on the Supporters page to evidence their support.

Meeting agenda and substantially more information about the proposed association are at unlimitedrange.org - agenda on the Home page and substantial additional info on the About page (link at bottom of Home page).

Oscar Leckliter
URSA Facilitator and Interim Webmaster

Typo of URL "fixed" by editing the quote - s/b www.unlimitedrange.org

What if I am not attending the shot show but want to help out? I don't have a business, but love this sport.

Where are you going to base the group out of? I live in utah.

What if I am not attending the shot show but want to help out? I don't have a business, but love this sport.

Where are you going to base the group out of? I live in utah.

Hi mrussell:

Thanks MUCH for the offer of help!

The concept is global, proposed structure on the webiste - use the "About" link at the bottom of the Home page (www.unlimitedrange.org) for info.

Please be so kind as to e-mail me at webmaster at unlimitedrange.org and provide your contact info so it can be passed along to the "appropriate party" for your area at the meeting. Please also indicate in what capacity you fell you might be interested in helping, in case you have specific thoughts.

The Agenda has been expanded/sequence changed and substantial additions/changes have been made to the "About" page.

Those interested in helping move this group forward are asked to check out the expanded agenda and review the About page addition/changes - then either attend the meeting of contact [email protected] indicating where you are located (state/country) and how you'd like to help.

Thank you and God Bless!

URSA Organizational Meeting: Update (19 Jan 2014)

An organizational meeting was held on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 during the 2014 SHOT Show in Las Vegas. Notwithstanding very high hopes for attendance by interested parties, only two small groups participated, a total of 5 people. One of the groups was from Nevada and the other was from Virginia. [I was hospitalized from the prior Saturday (due to a losing battle between car and pedestrian, me) and did not attend.]

Virginia's Mr. Rob Vestal of Vestal's Gunsmithing & Custom Rifles ran the meeting. Rob subsequently agreed to act as URSA's Regional Director-East (RD-East). He has also agreed to do some reformatting of a previously-planned, Virginia-locale, unlimited range (UR) "fun shoot" into URSA's introductory "demo" event. The associated AccurateShooter.com forum thread is at http://forum.accurateshooter.com/ind...opic=3831513.0. The URSA "Concept" document (previously titled "About") will be the structure for at least some substantial portion of the shoot. Achievement recognition points will be recorded. Rob can be reached at [email protected].

Supporters are encouraged to provide their company logo for inclusion on the Supporters page. "Supporters" are those associated business entities which substantially endorse the "Concept" as presented and the advancement of this sport shooting discipline through this association.

Oscar Leckliter
URSA Facilitator and Webmaster (Interim)

Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)

An organizational meeting was held on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 during the 2014 SHOT Show in Las Vegas. Notwithstanding very high hopes for attendance by interested parties, only two small groups participated, a total of 5 people. One of the groups was from Nevada and the other was from Virginia. [I was hospitalized from the prior Saturday (due to a losing battle between car and pedestrian, me) and did not attend.]

Virginia's Mr. Rob Vestal of Vestal's Gunsmithing & Custom Rifles ran the meeting. Rob subsequently agreed to act as URSA's Regional Director-East (RD-East). He has also agreed to do some reformatting of a previously-planned, Virginia-locale, unlimited range (UR) "fun shoot" into URSA's introductory "demo" event. The associated AccurateShooter.com forum thread is at http://forum.accurateshooter.com/ind...opic=3831513.0. The URSA "Concept" document (previously titled "About") will be the structure for at least some substantial portion of the shoot. Achievement recognition points will be recorded. Rob can be reached at [email protected].

Supporters are encouraged to provide their company logo for inclusion on the Supporters page. "Supporters" are those associated business entities which substantially endorse the "Concept" as presented and the advancement of this sport shooting discipline through this association.

Oscar Leckliter
URSA Facilitator and Webmaster (Interim)

Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)

Mr.Louis Corkern of CC Intnl has accepted responsibility as Regional Director -South Central US (RD-Scentral)

Additionally,the website (UnlimitedRange.org - Home) has been updated to add Activity/EventSchedule, News, Contacts, and Change Log pages; add site navigation; distributecontent accordingly; and add Berger as a Supporter.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.