Oregon Gunsmiths

briar rabbit

Looking for a couple of recommendations for gunsmiths in the Portland Oregon area (willing to drive a couple hours if needed) that are honest, knowledgeable and craftsmen, preferable owner operator. I have a couple of small projects but will do bigger projects after I get comfortable with their work.
Thanks in advance...

I used this guy and am pretty happy with the work he did.

Skaggs Gunsmithing

I wouldn't let proximity to home be the determining factor on gunsmith choice. Shipping is cheap compared to buying new guns or paying a second to fix the first's mistakes.

I wouldn't let proximity to home be the determining factor on gunsmith choice. Shipping is cheap compared to buying new guns or paying a second to fix the first's mistakes.
[/QUOTE]

My hang-up with shipping is that I have purchase used guns over the years that I have receipts for but not in my name and trying to keep it that way (conspiracy guy). I now realize that I have no idea what documentation a gunsmith does for his record keeping and could make my shipping concerns a mute point.
I also appreciated your statement on paying a second time for mistakes as my pocketbook cannot afford to pay twice and a botched repair is almost as bad as messing with my family (excluding in laws).
Thanks Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.