Optomism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buffalobob, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

I have been thinking about how big of an elk I will kill this Fall and so I decided I would need a special way to carry the horns back. I built this 3 feet wide and 5 feet long open box to go on top of the truck's camper shell. I am getting worried that it is too small. Maybe I should rent a trailer.

[​IMG]

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

If you get a little bitty guy that might work but if you get a dandy you're gonna be in trouble with that little box. I've killed several that the single racks alone wouldn't begin to fit in that box. Then I've also killed several that you could get 3 or 4 of them in that box, so like they say, "size matters".

Maybe you could do something similar to this. Just picture it on top of your camper instead of the small car.
    [​IMG]

3. magicofmt

magicofmt Well-Known Member

ss7mm
    Nice picture. I saw that car driving down the hyway last year heading south towards Roundup, MT. Couldn't believe my eyes, we had a good laugh.

4. redbone

redbone Well-Known Member

Buffalbob

I just wait an see if I kill a big one .
    an then Rent a small Uhaul Trailor. one way.

Can you give me more Info on Leonards fourm .
    I could not find it .

Redbone

5. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

I have sent you an email with his forum. On this site he was known as "LB". I will say this about those characters- anybody who raises up coyotes from pups, has them running around the house, begging for scraps in the kitchen and trains them to catch rabbits knows something about coyotes.

6. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

ya need to dream a bit bigger.

That's a nice box to fit a rag horn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Unless yur going to pack more in the box than the horns, I'm thinking skull and rack only, then I'd bag the whole idea.

However, if its the cape/head/horns then maybe you have a good idea.

The real idea would be to take your mobyle press stand and mount it to the front bumper then mount/time (twine) the base of the horns to it. It would give you a good 'sight' to keep her between the ditches (barrow pits,out west) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. 41mag

41mag Well-Known Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That reminded me of me and my bud coming down a trial there by LaVeta with a 250+ pound muley tied across the back of a little Suzuki 285cc 4 wheeler. There was just enough room for him to sit and steer it around the tight bends. Since I took it, I decided to walk out and luckily it was all downhill. Both of us also had elk tags and it is still unknown what the little bike would have looked like had we gotten one of them. LOL

8. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

In highschool one of my hunting buddies was dating my sister, he later married her, yes I feel sorry for him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One day I shot a VERY mangey, nasty looking yote and I left in the back of my truck during morning class, yea I am from the country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My buddy would always steal my antenna off my truck so I decided to get back at him. We tied the yote to the frame of his truck and hid it under his cab. At lunch we waited to laugh our asses off as he drove to lunch dragging this nasty thing behind him. Come to find out he let his girlfriend, MY SISTER, take his truck that day!!!!!! Luckily she got less than a block before we stopped her but it was still funny as hell!!!!

9. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Re: Optomism - Really Optomistic - Shooting one in bed........

buffalobob,

Now this is optomism - I plan on shooting one while bedded down. Me bedded down, that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Cudda done it last year, but let the kid shoot.
    [​IMG]