Options for LR handgun scopes

1screagle

I've just signed up and registered to this site. I have been interested in long range handgun hunting for a long time and have made the decision to move it along. I have a TC Encore with .30-06 barrel now, and looking to add 2 more soon. The .30-06 has a 15" barrel I want to use with a shoulder holster for hunting on my feet, the next two will be primarily used for stationary hunting at longer ranges. I'm very new to this and have a lot to learn. So as I put the first step forward please feel free to help me make these steps. I would be interested in schools or workshops/seminars for learning shooting skills at long range. Thank you.

I am a big fan of the Burris handgun scopes. I have had the best luck with them holding up to recoil. I have the Burris 3-12 LER scopes on my long range handguns.

My long range may not be as far as others here. So far my max has been 350 yards on groundhogs with a 260 Rem Savage Super Striker. But anyhow, it is a kick in the pants to shoot the hand rifles at distances many rifle shooters can't connect with regularity.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.