Ops Inc muzzle brake

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Mike378, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Mike378

Mike378 New Member

How would the Ops Inc muzzle brake compare to the KDF type brake used on Weatherby rifles.

Thank you.

Mike

2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I've shot a 26" barreled 16lb 300Win mag with the Ops brake it worked realy well recoild was less than any of my 12-15lb 308's and I coulden't tell any differance in the muzzel blast from that gun to an unbraked one. I have never used a KDF but one similar and dien't care for it , it did reduce recoil but it was loud.
    I like the Vais and Holland styles alot they work realy well I have a Bennie Cooley Tactical style brake here that will probably be put on a 7mmDakota long range rig that will be built for my uncle it looks like a realy good desgine. I have used the regular JP brakes and they are totaly awsome for recoil reduction.
    check out www.jprifles.com and take a look at them both

3. chris matthews

chris matthews Well-Known Member

The OPS is one of the best brakes for the big boomers by far. Those big ports dump all that gas in a hurry!!

4. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

I'll second that, Chris has installed two of them on RUMs. The 7 would blow the sky screen clean off the bracket, now it don't even move, let alone recoil reduction.
    db