Opinions on chronograph's

I use marine electronics commercially, Garmin does have great customer service but sadly like some great warranty scope companies you will use it. Ive never dealt with Indian based customer service, its always been someone in Kansas.

I'm down to rhino radios on my boat, they've never finished a season even being babied, they have a reasonable warranty until they run out of parts. Furuno they aren't. But they are good enough if try a chronograph from them, although knowing full well they change model numbers so fast in 5 years they won't have parts.

In the market for a chronograph as well, used a Labradar last week... it was OK. Id still need another for my high speed varmint guns, so it would require 2x purchases.
No experience with their salt stuff but i've had great luck with everything from their trolling motor and livescope to their graphs. For the freshwater side, they have had a ton of innovation over the past 5yrs and I don't have a problem supporting them.

I think my issue is stacking the garmin lineup vs furuno makes it a step down. It's certainly above the navico lines, and lord knows their vehicle gps systems made Nokia brick phones look fragile. They certainly have service head and shoulders above most electronics companies.

It will be interesting to see this foray into the shooting sports. We really don't traditionally get big tech company engineering in the shooting sports. Will be interested to see how it stacks up.

I have a competition electronics Bluetooth optical. Works great. Was like $140 on Midway. Data can be saved in the app and I can easily print out results with pics of my groups.

My father passed down a 1st gen magnetospeed. Works great and is technically more reliable than my optical. The down side is no pistols and many of my autoloaders don't work with this Chrono. Another downside is a huge change in POI when mounted on some of my rifles.

I love Garmin products. I will be keeping my eye on their offering for sure.

I don't own a chrono but if I was to use a pro crony Caldwell its simple do it in bright daylight. And as far as magneto speed if I'm testing for bullet velocity, I don't give a crap about grouping just the velocity because my reloads are the same per powder grain weight and bullet weight same brass and tuning first I get my velocity on each round per caliber and weight then I test the same rounds for grouping. Therre is no need to spend money on equipment you don't need. this money can be used on bullets, brass powder and primers. You don't need to show others you have money to burn.

KISS! I've got a couple of optic units that ain't been used in years. I find a load that behaves at 100 yards and turn it loose at 5-6 hundred yards to so how it behaves. Too much info just confuses this old redneck and if you don't keep good records or have a great memory history will repeat itself

I like my Magneto speed I just wish they had a better way to fasten it maybe strong magnets plus the strap.

Attach it to the rifle with an adapter to picitinny or arca and it doesn't even touch the barrel.

IMG_2393 (3).jpg