Opinions on an IOR Valdada 4-28x50 Recon

These are great scopes. I know a lot of people that use them. Comparable to other "alpha" scopes but less money. Glass is very sharp, extremely well put together.

I have an IOR Crusader myself. Best scope I've ever owned for long range shooting.

Only down side of these scopes is they tend to be on the heavy side.

one of the best scopes made: best tracking there is, great glass, it will add 2 lbs to your rig, it will also lighten up the wallet by a couple of pounds.

Just depends on what you want to do with your rig:
sit on an bench?
tactical matches?
hunting rig?

One of the best scopes on the market today, does this fit your needs?

V/R
M.Bird

I shot 2 of them out of zero with my 338LM. The scope was a 6-24x56. Glass was superb. Maybe they have improved, maybe not. I had the 1st one not holding zero after 20-30 rounds and it was replaced by IOR. The second the same thing happened and was replaced with a NF from the seller. No issues with the NF.

Was that their 6x24 tactical, that you shook lose?

I heard of them having some issue with them, but never know if it was true or hear say.

Rex did a review on one, it's on youtube. My brother has a few of the IOR scopes, I liked the glass.

I am now looking at an IOR V. Any comments or update since your purchase? Has this scope worked out as you had hoped?

I really like my Recon, it has been spot on tracking and repeating. I've shot out to 1793 yards, and it performed perfectly as did the Athlon Cronus scope I have on another rifle.
All scopes, no matter the brand can and will have issues. I've had to send a few top end scopes in for repair over the years, never had any issues with it.

The guy's over on the Hide hate IOR scopes, don't let it stop you from buying one. Most are just brand snobs for S&B or Nightforce.

I have the Valdada Recon G2 on a Ruger Precision Rifle chambered for 338 LM. I have done two tracking tests and have repeatedly returned to zero after five times out to 1,500 yards. It has worked flawlessly. The RPR has 30 MOA built into the rail and with the amazing 150 MOA built into the erector assembly that sits in the 40mm main tube, I have 105 MOA of adjustment for my 300 yard zero to work with. I plan to go out to 2,000 yards soon and I am sure that I have plenty of adjustment for that distance. I load some pretty hot loads and the scope appears to be taking the beating.

On another note.... I have been using the Peterson brass and it is by far surpassed my expectations, even on the Lapua. It weighs consistant, its concentricity is near perfect and it just looks so frigging awesome. I have been using 250 SMK's and 300 Bergers with .35 MOA at the best with IMR 7828 and H1000.

All scopes, no matter the brand can and will have issues. I've had to send a few top end scopes in for repair over the years, never had any issues with it.
The guy's over on the Hide hate IOR scopes, don't let it stop you from buying one. Most are just brand snobs for S&B or Nightforce.
I'm not a big fan or poster on the Hide (and I'm actually a Sniper), nor are pretty much any of my buddies. So I'm not taking up for them, but they may hate them because there were a bunch of guys having problems with them some years back (me being one) and it took up to 6 months at a time to get the scope fixed or get another sent to me. The glass was great and I loved everything about the scope I had, except for that pesky "fail every time I used it" thing.:D
I'm sure they have changed their ways. Just hard to get over being burned multiple times on a $1500+ scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.