Opinions on a new chronograph

Krumfola

I'm looking to buy my first chrono. Been reloading for years and finally need to get one. Has anybody used the Competition Electronics ProChrono?

It's in my budget at about $120 from Midway. Great reviews but wondering if I should bank some more cash and get something better. I don't need the most expensive or newest version but didnt know if there was something better for a few more bucks.

I had one and it worked well for about 16-18 months then gave up on me.

I really liked it. Not sure if my experience is indicative of their quality as a whole.

If I was doing it again, I would save up for the Magneto or the Accoustic. Actually doing that now ;)

I've had a Pro Chrono for quite a while(don't remember when I got it) and it works well. I store it in a plastic case with the skyscreens relaxed and so far it works every time.

I had it set up with the skyscreens on for a while and the screens cracked after a period of time and I had to replace them(several years ago).

I would like a magnetic type also so I can chrony loads and pressure test by just driving out of town a mile and blasting into ditch without having to go to the range and set up a chrony. I think the magentic type may change bullet impact.

i've had one for a couple of years, and have been perfectly happy with it. it consistently picks up everything from 4200+ fps 204s down to sub-1000fps stuff in any level of sunlight. like you, i wanted a decent quality, reasonably priced chrono, and it fit the bill, and was MADE IN THE USA!

so far, i am 100% satisfied with it!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.