Opinions for Richards Microfit Stocks

Brewer,

I would strongly agree with you about Richards Microfit Stocks being very rough!

In addition, I have had horrible customer service from Richards Microfit Stocks.

Recently, I ordered a Dual Grip Thumb-Hole Stock for a Savage 110. After an 82 day wait, they shipped a Straight-Line thumb-hole style stock.

9100442_orig.jpg

I did not order a Straight-Line Thumb-Hole style stock!

At the time of my initial order, they claimed there would be a 99% fit with my Savage 110 which might require some minor sanding. I don't know whose order was shipped but the stock that was sent did not fit my rifle. I estimate that what they shipped was a 70% fit if that much. It is my opinion that they did not setup the CNC to cut out a inlet for a Savage 110 because it was a so poorly done!

Whoever was operating the CNC machine had no idea as to what they were doing!

There was no quality control on Richards Microfit Stocks. Nobody checked to see if the order was correct before they shipped the stock. There was deep gouges in the wood, (which I could have dealt with.) The L.O.P. was incorrect (which I could have dealt with.) I am not even sure if what they sent qualify's as semi-fancy grade!

This is what they sent me:

8479113_orig.jpg

This is what they advertise on their website what the customer would receive:

Dual_Grip_Unfnshd_RH_Side_Select_75dpi.JPG

During the entire order process, including waiting for the stock to be delivered, emails were not returned. They falsely claimed that all emails were answered - this is not true.

When I called them about the wrong stock being shipped, the lady who answered said she was just covering for them and didn't know what was going on. She stated that I would get a refund and never offered to correct the issues. The call lasted less than a minute. The very next day, UPS picked up the stock and sent it back to Richards.

I sent a detailed letter about the stock to Richards on 10/9 by fax and email. After not hearing from them, I then sent a complaint to the BBB on 10/15. Please keep in mind that during my 82 day wait, Richards Microfit Stocks did not answer my Emails, so I gave them six days before filing a complaint with the BBB.

(I don't even think they took the time to read my letter or emails because I told them the stock they sent didn't even fit my Savage 110...)

Two weeks later, I get a very angry call from Richards Microfit Stocks who falsely claimed that I was hostile. She was angry that I sent a letter to them about the stock. She was also very angry that I sent a complaint letter to the BBB. She was very rude and unprofessional on the phone and kept interrupting me. I couldn't finish a sentence with the lady. She blamed me for all of the problems. Her rude, childish, unprofessional and vindictive phone call was the longest conversation that I ever had with the company.

During her call to me, she claimed that two people were out of the office, that also she had been in the hospital. How can I be hostile if nobody is in the office to take my call?

She then asked that I return a refund check that had been mistakenly mailed to me.

(Really? They couldn't send me the correct order and made yet another mistake with a refund? It is one excuse after another with this company!)

It took 82 days for them to ship my order. They didn't answer emails. They sent the wrong stock. The stock had deep gouges in it which I could have taken care of had it been what I ordered. There was no quality to what was shipped to me. They never checked to see if the stock they shipped was what I ordered - no quality control. The stock did not fit my Savage 110. They became angry and vindictive after I sent them a letter and complained to the BBB. They gave a credit to my credit card - then they screwed up by mailing me a check. Nobody was in the office or knew what was going on. They made false accusations about me while asking that I return the check because of their incompetence. They called my home and became very rude and unprofessional because I dared to send a letter to them and to the BBB...

At no time have they ever apologized or offered to correct the mistake made with my order!

Customer service is a dying art. Great company's work with customers. Poor company's blame their customers.

In closing, there is no doubt that people have had great experiences with Richards Microfit Stocks. That they have many satisfied customers. But, the fact remains that a search on Google shows complaint after complaint from people who have had experienced horrible customer service from Richard's Microfit Stocks!

They claim that the only mistake they made was that they sent a Straight-Line thumb-hole style stock. That it would have taken them 15 minutes to correct, but they don't want to do that because of the letter I sent to them... which I find to be childish and very vindictive!

Richard's Microfit Stocks could have addressed every single concern I had in my 10/09 letter. But that would have required quality customer service!

WOW! sounds like what I went through, I just didn't write it all down. I take a look at your stock and, it pretty well looks like mine, yours might even be better!! I am still saving my money to send it to a guy who can really finish it so it looks decent.

WOW! sounds like what I went through, I just didn't write it all down. I take a look at your stock and, it pretty well looks like mine, yours might even be better!! I am still saving my money to send it to a guy who can really finish it so it looks decent.

Wow!

If mine looks better than yours, then there is a very serious problem at Richards Microfit Stocks.

Again, the photo shows that it is not what I had ordered. Plus, it doesn't even fit my Savage 110.

After reading other peoples complaints, I am of the opinion that Richards Microfit Stocks makes a batch of these stocks all at once. They all have the same inlet. Some are then finished with a laminate or other style. So, if a person orders a stock, depending on what is ordered, they will tell one customer that it is a 99% Press-fit and then they will tell another customer that it is a 96% Semi Inlet fit despite the fact that the stocks were made all at once. The result is that the customer will have problems getting their rifle to fit one of these poorly made stocks!

All I know is that my Savage 110 did not fit the stock they sent. It wasn't even close and was at least a half inch off.

After reading how other customers had their Richard Microfit Stocks break while shooting, I am having serious doubts as to if these stocks can handle my .300 Win Mag safely!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.