Opine on this scope

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by kennygss, Mar 29, 2012.

1. kennygss

kennygss Well-Known Member

I acquired a 4.5 X 14 X 40 Adj. Obj. Fine Duplex Leupy recently. Its a one inch tube. Its new in box. What do you guys think about this optic? Heres the kicker, I got it for free, but, I don't want that to be the reason for using it. I am building ( rather, having Long Rifles build) a 7mm rem mag. Should I stick with this optic? Send it for turrets etc, or sell it and just get something else. I am not particularly familiar with the New VX3's, and opinions are very much appreciated.

2. mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner Well-Known Member

Kennygss, Great scope---go with it.
    I've got several on longer range rigs and they work great.

Randy

3. 6.5Express

6.5Express Well-Known Member

I just got my 4.5 - 14 x 50 vx3 back from leupold with it's new target turret. For my 300 wsm, out to +/-800 yards, it will do what I need it to. I think power and quality of glass wise, you're in good shape. I personally prefer a larger objective for a hunting rifle to gather a little more light for those early/late shooting opportunities, but I can't say that I've ever beaten the price you paid!

4. kennygss

kennygss Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. I like the price as well, but, I dont want that to be the total criteria for keeping it. I was more interested in the opinions on the glass etc, which sounds like it if fair in this optic.

5. 6.5Express

6.5Express Well-Known Member

I run vx3's on most my rifles and have no complaints.