Open apology & new business changes for SSG

308 nate

I feel it necessary to apologize for my slow communication. It has recently come to my attention that I have offended some by not returning phone calls or timely replies to e-mails
There was no offense intended and I was not ignoring anyone in particular! Just overwhelmed and not enough time to call everyone back or to even take many phone calls.

I am making some changes to my business. Please review on my website "contact info" and " Is SSG for you???" regarding the new changes.

This has been a hard decision to make as I do enjoy talking to each and everyone of you at YOUR convenience, but this is just not working for my growing business.
Again thank you ALL for your continued business and I hope to better serve you in the future.

I am openly apologizing as I do not know all whom I may have offended. I do appreciate and value you, my customers and am thankful for your patience and understanding in these matters.

Sincerely,
Nathan Dagley
SSG

Last edited:
Re: Open apology

Nate,

All I can say is I hope someday I can order a custom rifle from you or Kirby or Shawn or any of the other high quality smiths here. You guys are top shelf and with the level of requests and work you guys get it must be overwhelming.

If I do ever order a rifle from you or the other guys, my attitude will be... I'll get it when I get it and be happy for getting the best. I sure like to see you and the other guys contributing your knowledge and experience in here. You have families too and they of course come first.

Best,

Mark

Last edited:

Nate, You do some outstanding work and I'm proud to have an SSG built rifle. I'm looking forward to doing business with you in the future. Take care

When I was in gov't, people believed that they had paid their taxes and had the right to talk to me on the phone. I believed that people had paid their taxes and had a right to expect me to get work done.

Nate,

All I can say is I hope someday I can order a custom rifle from you or Kirby or Shawn or any of the other high quality smiths here. You guys are top shelf and with the level of requests and work you guys get it must be overwhelming.

If I do ever order a rifle from you or the other guys, my attitude will be... I'll get it when I get it and be happy for getting the best. I sure like to see you and the other guys contributing your knowledge and experience in here. You have families too and they of course come first.

Best,

Mark

DITT:)! Mark, well said .

Nate,

I agree with all the above posters. Perfection needs full attention to details ... and never meant to be rushed, if you want it to be done right the first time. IMHO, it's all worth the wait.

Keep up the good work. Cheers!

Ed

The way I do things is that I tell the smith what cartridge I desire and ask how much.

The next communication is when I learn the build is complete and sent the $.

On the last one and probably my 'last' one, is arranged for almost all of the parts to be sent to the smith. They were components recommended by the smith and others here. I'm just patiently waiting for word to pick it up.

Keep doin' what you're doin'. It'll work out well.

I'm learning from use of my lil' rinky dink lathe that most interruptions cause almost finished parts to be tossed. Bad juju.....

Nate, As a customer I have recommended you to friends and have had many builds from you for me and my friends. All of them the workmanship was second to none. As you know I am starting to do some of my own so I hope I can learn from what has happpened to you if I get to that point. I still will value your friendship and hope to be able to call on you for advice if needed. Thanks for your friendship and excellent work. Dan

Nate - has that new baby arrived yet? that will certainly take some of your ability to respond in a timely way.

Keep up the quality work. That's what matters most.

Nate, As a customer I have recommended you to friends and have had many builds from you for me and my friends. All of them the workmanship was second to none. As you know I am starting to do some of my own so I hope I can learn from what has happpened to you if I get to that point. I still will value your friendship and hope to be able to call on you for advice if needed. Thanks for your friendship and excellent work. Dan

Dan,
You have been an awesome friend and I would be more than happy to help you in any way with you gunsmithing endeavor. Still looking forward to Prairie doggin' with you guys in June if you are still planning on the trip.

All the best,
Nate

No baby yet. 16 weeks to go yet.

Thanks all for the kind comments. I would like to say that my communication was definitely lacking and I am truly sorry for that and for going over some of my estimated delivery dates..a few by quite a bit and very much appreciate your understanding in these matters.

Sincerely,

Nate

If you want a smith available whenever you call shouldn't you pay for the time you spend on the phone with them?

Last time I checked nobody has asked me to do anything for free at work.

Just my 2 cents

Brent

Hey Nathan you are a stand up guy and my SSG is the best rifle I have had built....it turns heads on the range and in the field both with it's looks and how it shoots.
I assume most smiths that are in demand like you are busy building world class rifles if you take a little while to call me back I don't sweat it!

You will be the guy I call for my next build!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.