One of my LR guns

Magnus

I think Ive finally figured out posting pics. Heres my 338Edge with a Stiller Action, A5 McMillian, 31.5" barrel, Jewel trigger, custom 42MOA base, 5.5-22 NightForce. This gun was built in Feburary of this year and I have around 750rnd down the pipe and finally had the time to post some pics....... LOL

Shot a allot of gophers this year with the 300gr SMKs longest shot was 900yards, also pics of me shooting TRGRMANs 2100yard target. Elk are in BIG trouble this year! LOL

Cant say enough about the guy that built this gun, QUICK turn around, he built my gun in 2 weeks, and incredible workmanship TOP rate smith Joe Starnes (TRGRMAN) with longshotrifles in Conrad MT! Highly Recommend!
33820EDGE20CAMO1jpg.jpg

338Edge.jpg

900yardGophershot.jpg

2100EDGE.jpg

Last edited:
Thank's for the nice comments Magnus. You're gonna have to show me how to post pics when you get back.

Should have your dad's 243AI about done by next weekend. Been busy,built 3 last week. Trying to get caught up so we can shoot some coyotes when you get back.

Better get back at it, TRGRMAN

I have to echo Magnus on the thumbs up for Long Shot Precision rifles.

Joe built my first L R custom this year in .338 Lapua and I am now making shots that I never though were posible.

Great looking rifle Magnus! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Jeff

Here are a couple more pics of my latest PD hunting trip, with Gamedog and Broz

338s.jpg

My 338Edge, Broz 338Lapua, Gamedog 338Edge all built by TRGRMAN

That's some serious punch for PD's! Do those little guys explode like with high speed small caliber cartridges? How far were you tagging them?

That's some serious punch for PD's! Do those little guys explode like with high speed small caliber cartridges? How far were you tagging them?

The altitude factor is not nearly as impressive as you would hope. I think that is the bullet hole below the right ear in the neck on the gopher pic.
I shot one on the same range at 1000 in the nuts with my 338. Removed most of his lower half but still no altitude or flying parts.

I shot one on the same range at 1000 in the nuts with my 338. Removed most of his lower half but still no altitude or flying parts.

I was spotting for the nut shot gopher and Magnus was on the video camera. It was an amazing shot. I sure wish someone would send me a copy of the Vid.:rolleyes:

Jeff

The 300gr bullets go threw them like an arrow, straight pass threws not very impressive. Ive shot Gophers at 50yards all the way out to 900yards with same results. On our PD trip we really didnt shoot PD with these rifles but we did shoot some rocks out to 1k, 22 and 6mm out to 600yards are perfect IMO and we made some great shots

Very soon the video of TRGR shoot a Gopher at 1k will be on UTube, LOL First round hit on a small little gopher is impressive!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.