one more from Montana

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by minute of elk, May 11, 2012.

1. minute of elk

minute of elk Well-Known Member

greetings LRH!

i've been lurking for the last 9 months or so, joined up a month or two ago, and i'm getting tired of the pop up when i log in encouraging me to make my first post here...

anyways, i grew up in rural MT (shooting things), got bored of guns, switched to compounds, then longbows, and back to guns again.

i've been spending some time reading articles here & feel the need to say THANK YOU! there's a ton of information here, and a bit less attitude than other sites i've been known to frequent.

i've been putting in some trigger time with the 10/22 while i do some tuning & tweaking on my bolt guns. i recently took my 270 out to 810 yards & found myself addicted to dialing, so, basically i'm in trouble.

hopefully i can get my loads dialed & make it to some of the Mt shoots to meet some of you in person.

Rob

2. cowboy

cowboy Well-Known Member

Welcome - what part of this great State are you at?

3. szeitner

szeitner Well-Known Member

This is a much more relaxed site, and very informative. I too am looking forward to meeting up with other members, maybe at a shoot in Townsend or somewhere in between. I'm over in Miles City if you ever get this way.

Scott

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

5. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Cheers from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country!

Ed

6. minute of elk

minute of elk Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

Jeff, I'll be in touch with you soon. I'm positive I can make it to a few shoots after I get my poop grouped a little better. I think I'm only a few ladders away from having the 270 ready.
    I'm also having Glen Demaray redo my 7WSM into a 7SAUM (Winchester action- looks like it'll feed the 180's). And then there's the 338LM that needs a load worked up, too.
    No shortage of irons in the fire right now...

And Scott- depending on how my speed goat draws go I may be visiting west Dakota this fall. ;) I went to HS in Glendive & haven't been back to that side of the state since. I also heard rumor of a fun shoot near Jordan?

I updated my profile to show where I live (Bozeman), but I've been doing most of my shooting near 3 forks (copper city).

Banks again for the friendly welcome!
    Rob

7. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Always good to have an other Montana guy on board! The shoots that Broz puts on are really good and getting better all the time!