On the way down

stan the man

Hi all thought i would share this with you it was 580 yd shot after a 2 am start starting down with food for the family is "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD".THE ANIMAL IS AN ISARD A CROSS BETWEEN A MTN GOAT AND DEER,VERY QUICK AND GOOD ON THE CLIFFS THIS ONE WAS TAKEN BY ME AFTER WATCHING IT FOR 35 MINS JUDGING WIND AND WAITING FOR THE CORRECT LIGHT REGARDS ROBgun):D
robschristiansizard2010oct002.jpg

robschristiansizard2010oct002.jpg

Very nice picture!!!
Congrats on the shot and on the trophy.
Keep the pictures coming.
What did you shoot it with??? What Caliber? Rifle Specs?

congrat's stan!!!!! and thanks for posting that great picture, your very lucky man indeed to hunt your beautiful mountains, is your animal also called a Chamois? please give more info.
best regards jeff.

HI ALL THANKS FOR YOUR FINE COMMENTS I NEVER EXPECTED THAT ,WELL THE RIFLE IS ONE I DID MYSELF BITS ALL OVER WITH A LONG FRIEND STILL IN THE [SAS] IN HEREFORD, IT IS 270 WSM LOADING AT 150GR MAX MPBR IS A BOUT 311 YDS,PUSHED IN TO A HEAVY BARREL, BARREL IS 25 " LONG . SCOPE IS THE SB ZENITH VERY GOOD IN INCLEMENT WEATHER, I HAVE A SYSTEM TO SIMPLY DETACH THE SCOPE WITH A TWIST AND REPLACE WITH A BURRIS FASTFIRE FOR DROPPING INTO THE FOREST OR TRACKING BIG BOAR FOR A HUNTING CLUB OVER HERE ,WELL THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS ROBgun)

stan,

thank you for the return info:D that 270 wsm is a fine round no doubt about it!. i loaded for one in a browning 1885 (new model) falling block 28 inch octagon barrel. please post some boar hunting pictures sometime,take care and regards again! jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.