On a roll with the Foxpro

rosborohunter

This was a morning to behold. First stand and six came in running as hard as they could 200 yards across a pasture. When one stopped four feet from the Foxpro, I put a 50 grain Hornady from my 22-250 behind its shoulder. The rest split and I cut air with my other four shots. Yep, poor shooting, but loads of fun!

Attachments

• Coyote 2.jpg
    Coyote 2.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 146
That's awesome. I just got a FoxPro and I am chomping at the bit to use it. Hopefully the coyotes respond the same way. What call were you using?

Had to be patient on this stand. Started with Lightening Jack and then moved to dying jack. 15 minutes into the stand and nothing. Threw in a few yote vocals. Then I switched back to lightening jack and they stormed in.

Here is another thing to add to your hunt: Here in Arkansas, we have a lot of crows. Pack your shotgun and plenty of express range 2 3/4 inch shells in #6 or #7 1/2. Go to an area with medium growth brush or timber and play some crow vocals. You will get plenty of trigger time doing this. I killed 10 crows in addition to the coyote.
By the way, you will want to change out your full choke for a modified or improved cylinder.

If that's a stock fury it doesn't have foxbang, u can send it to foxpro and have it put in and oh man does it work! I called in 3 one time dumped the front one and foxbang turned one of the others around and I got him as well!

If that's a stock fury it doesn't have foxbang, u can send it to foxpro and have it put in and oh man does it work! I called in 3 one time dumped the front one and foxbang turned one of the others around and I got him as well!

My pre set 1 is coyote pup distress and oh man does it work! Where do u hunt mostly? You will have to let us know how it works for you!

I hunt in Wyoming Justin. Mostly on private ranches but I have never been serious about it until now. I am hoping my Foxpro and I make a good team. How about you?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts