Older Swaro rangefinder, Any good?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Tikka Lover, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Tikka Lover

Tikka Lover <strong>Official LRH SPONSOR</strong>

I have the oppurtunity to buy one of the older Optik RF-1 Swaro rangfinder for $400. Good deal? I was hoping maybe a couple guys have one and could tell me how far they can range. They are only a 6x, so that is a drawback for me but the price seems fair. Any help would be great. I really just need to know what the farthest people have ranged objects with there's. Thanks

2. locotrician

locotrician Banned

i have one , the optics as far as clarity are amazing, but this unit is very heavy and kinda on the larger side i couldnt tell that from the pictures before i bought it but it ranges very very well even just aiming it onto the ground it works great , ranges up to 999yds. i would like to have had the new one as it is smaller and lighter and will range a lil farther but for the price you cant beat it.

3. jeff 300

jeff 300 Well-Known Member

It would be to high for me as you can get a new ziess for 699.00 with a warranty. Every one love's there swaro stuff including me but 400.00 for a old used unit is going out on a limb.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Sent my old RF-1 (1990's vintage) in a year ago and Swarovski replaced a cracked battery box, cleaned it and had it back in two weeks (and it sent to Austria) No charge!!

Hard to beat their warranty.

Jeff