Older Swaro rangefinder, Any good?

Tikka Lover

Official LRH SPONSOR
I have the oppurtunity to buy one of the older Optik RF-1 Swaro rangfinder for $400. Good deal? I was hoping maybe a couple guys have one and could tell me how far they can range. They are only a 6x, so that is a drawback for me but the price seems fair. Any help would be great. I really just need to know what the farthest people have ranged objects with there's. Thanks

i have one , the optics as far as clarity are amazing, but this unit is very heavy and kinda on the larger side i couldnt tell that from the pictures before i bought it but it ranges very very well even just aiming it onto the ground it works great , ranges up to 999yds. i would like to have had the new one as it is smaller and lighter and will range a lil farther but for the price you cant beat it.

It would be to high for me as you can get a new ziess for 699.00 with a warranty. Every one love's there swaro stuff including me but 400.00 for a old used unit is going out on a limb.

Sent my old RF-1 (1990's vintage) in a year ago and Swarovski replaced a cracked battery box, cleaned it and had it back in two weeks (and it sent to Austria) No charge!!

Hard to beat their warranty.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.