OLD and NEW Berger 300gr

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by 4xforfun, Sep 25, 2011.

1. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

I want to try some of the new 338 Berger bullets in a friends AR 30 . Because of my stupidity in thinking that the Armalite had a 1 - 12 twist tube I developed a load using 250 SMK's a few years ago. It shoots friggin awsome, but I can't help think that the 300 class bullets will will greatly increase downrange performance. What are the odds of getting a box of "old" , gen 1 bullets by mistake. I am sure that someone like Sinclair would know their inventory, but some other stores might not know. It would be sort of a waste of tome to find a load for bullets which will cease to exist soon. Kinda like loading the 250 SMK. :rolleyes: Sinclair shows bullets in stock on their website.

By looking at Mr Carlock's earlier post on the LR bear kill I will assume that the terminal performance of the big new Berger would be OK. :D :D

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I have some of the first Gen 2's and the lot number is Lot 3222.

The Gen1's I had were Lot 2594

So I think if you get a lot number of 3222 or higher you will be fine.

That said I think all the ones sinclair will have will be Gen 2's and the newest packaging wll say "OTM" on them.

Jeff