ok guys, which stock?

chrishatley

I'd like to know which stock you guys think is the best and why. I had pretty much settled on a houge with the full bedding block, but now i'm second guessing myself. I don't see anybody here using this stock. Atleast not a lot of you. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
It's really a matter of preference and application. I like the HS precision stocks, but mcmillan, manners, greybull precision all are good choices. Just depends on your intended use and depth of pockets.

+1 on personal preference. for synthetic, i use choate tact./varmint, but for the best of both worlds, wood "pretty" and syn. strong, can't beat ACCURATE INNOVATIONS. i have used 'em all over, high/low/wet/dry/hot/freezing etc. and they are rock solid and look great.

I have a Hogue w/o the bedding block, and it is still a little flimsy. Going with a good solid stock that is either composite, or laminate wood would get my vote.

Tank

The downside of the Hogue is that I've heard it's not easy to get bedding material to stick inside one of those stocks, especially at the edge where the rubberized material overlaps into the action area. So, if you want to go to the next level and bed it, I think you're starting in the wrong place.

At the SHOT show I purposely went around and checked out stocks, especailly the 4 most common replacements namely B&C, HS Precision, McMillan and Manners. I would rate B&C lowest (though a very nice stock) as it's not quite as nice as HS Precision which I'd place next. Next when you get to your Manners and Mc Millan they are at a totally different level. Both are very good and for easily available stocks are the top of the heap.

Accurate Innovations are nice, but more on a custom level, both in price and availability.

For the money and availability, it is tough to beat HS Precision. I have one, it is a great stock. The best is Mcmillan and Manners, but they are more $ and typically require a longer wait.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.