OK...Capt Beach's first AR thread here...

CaptBeach

Been AR'n for a looooooooog time...Former USMC Armorer from 1970's...I cut my armorer teeth accurizing M16s for shooting matches. Shot the Western Div matches a while and been building ARs ever since...

Here are the Twins...

Bottom one is my M4 setup. All Bushy with a CCA Stock and a Comp ML2 on an Aimpoint QRP, MagPul ASAP and BUIS.

But the newest one of the pair is DMR. YHM Lower, Ergo Grip, RRA LPK with a 2 Stage Trigger, MagPul UBR, Bushy heavy barrel upper with a shaved FSB and a full length rifle tube. YHM Scout Rail and a Weaver Grand Slam Tactical MilDot. She is an amazing rifle first trip to the range took 6 rounds to get her dialed in and then we put 10 rounds into .78 of an inch...she has a YHM Phantom QD flash suppressor on order cause she is a little loud mouthed and a little flashy too...that will allow me to mate her up with a YHM 7.62mm Suppressor in the future. Their larger Can will work with the 5.56mm as well as long as you use the correct suppressor...

Attachments

• TWINS640.jpg
    TWINS640.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 160
Cpt B, they sure have evolved in 13 yrs, of being a 2111. Seems even more evolution since the '70's.

Too bad U. Sam hijacked the design, from Uegene. Then again, now their nearly a dime a dozen, compared to other prescision instruments.

I was taught to use the paper matches, out of the MREs. Stick one on each side just infront of the mag well, then shave them off nice and close, so that they wouldn't be noticed.

Had to figure out how to get them in after the range armorer's inspection.

Whats a range armorers inspection?

Mostly a safety check. Headspace, Barrel Straightness, Breach Bore Erosion, Trigger pulls min & max. Plus fire control group funtion check. Visual check to see that the sights (front & rear) aren't bent, or adjusted too far in any direction, lose barrel, buttstock, or grip. Takes less than a minute, once you get the hang of it.

And it's not so much wonder, why the Army doesn't get very many first time go's, durring annual rifle qualifications.

I can say that, I work with the NG, now.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.