OK...Capt Beach's first AR thread here...

Discussion in 'AR15/10 Rifles' started by CaptBeach, Mar 26, 2011.

1. CaptBeach

CaptBeach Well-Known Member

Been AR'n for a looooooooog time...Former USMC Armorer from 1970's...I cut my armorer teeth accurizing M16s for shooting matches. Shot the Western Div matches a while and been building ARs ever since...

Here are the Twins...

Bottom one is my M4 setup. All Bushy with a CCA Stock and a Comp ML2 on an Aimpoint QRP, MagPul ASAP and BUIS.

But the newest one of the pair is DMR. YHM Lower, Ergo Grip, RRA LPK with a 2 Stage Trigger, MagPul UBR, Bushy heavy barrel upper with a shaved FSB and a full length rifle tube. YHM Scout Rail and a Weaver Grand Slam Tactical MilDot. She is an amazing rifle first trip to the range took 6 rounds to get her dialed in and then we put 10 rounds into .78 of an inch...she has a YHM Phantom QD flash suppressor on order cause she is a little loud mouthed and a little flashy too...that will allow me to mate her up with a YHM 7.62mm Suppressor in the future. Their larger Can will work with the 5.56mm as well as long as you use the correct suppressor...

Attached Files:

2. BigSkyGP

BigSkyGP Well-Known Member

Cpt B, they sure have evolved in 13 yrs, of being a 2111. Seems even more evolution since the '70's.

Too bad U. Sam hijacked the design, from Uegene. Then again, now their nearly a dime a dozen, compared to other prescision instruments.

3. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Nice AR's! I just picked up my Surefire can yesterday.

4. CaptBeach

Our favorite accurizing trick was to cut beer cans into shims to tighten up the fit between upper and lower

5. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Thats not realy much or an issue any more but when it is we use the top from and mre box or an accuwedge.

6. BigSkyGP

I was taught to use the paper matches, out of the MREs. Stick one on each side just infront of the mag well, then shave them off nice and close, so that they wouldn't be noticed.

Had to figure out how to get them in after the range armorer's inspection.

7. ICANHITHIMMAN

Whats a range armorers inspection?

8. BigSkyGP

Mostly a safety check. Headspace, Barrel Straightness, Breach Bore Erosion, Trigger pulls min & max. Plus fire control group funtion check. Visual check to see that the sights (front & rear) aren't bent, or adjusted too far in any direction, lose barrel, buttstock, or grip. Takes less than a minute, once you get the hang of it.

9. ICANHITHIMMAN

And that done at the range? Who were you with?

10. BigSkyGP

IWR, Ord Maint Co, 1st FSSG, Camp Pendleton '98-'01

11. CaptBeach

MAG16, MABS 16, HMH363, HMM161 MCAS Santa Ana 1977-80 with a few cruises and deployments thrown in...

12. BigSkyGP

+ H&HS MCAS Futenma '98, and the WESTPAC in '99

13. ICANHITHIMMAN

Well that must be a Marine thing I guess. I have never done anything more that draw my weapon from the arms room. No one has ever inspected it at the range. Its set up how I like with my back up sights and accuwedge.

Jon

14. BigSkyGP

And it's not so much wonder, why the Army doesn't get very many first time go's, durring annual rifle qualifications.

I can say that, I work with the NG, now.