Off Topic: Why can't I see Posted Pix??

Re: Off Topic: Why can\'t I see Posted Pix??

For some reason the hyperlink won't allow that to go through. So I'll post the full URL and you can cut/paste it yourself for now until we get this figured out.

here it is:
http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v5/8/79/26/32487926JGylNV_ph.jpg

I know that works I just di it again after getting the forbidden message from the hyperlink above. hhmmm

Steve

The answer!

LRH is unable to provide a picture hosting service of its own (as is true of almost all other forums). A poster must find another site to host the pictures and then include that hosted picture's URL in the new post.

Now then, the pictures that no longer come up on this site are from older posts where the hosting site used by the original poster is no longer functioning. If the original posters, myself included, ever are motivated to find a replacement hosting site they could edit their own posts and include the URL of the original picture, by now placed onto the new hosting site. Whew, that's a long sentence.

My recent pictures referred to above are hosted on a special photography site for members only.

Any follow-up questions?
32487926JGylNV_ph.jpg

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Darryl,
I beleive what your seeing with the picture displaying until you reboot, is what I was referring to in one of my earlier posts.

Because you had to go out and put that image up on webshots it had a "copy" of that image with the full path to it in your cache files on your hardrive. So you were looking at a picute on your hardrive and not from webshots technically.
I would dare to say that if you simply posted a picture on webshots, came back to LRH and put in a image link to it it will display until you did a reload in your browser. Or just shut your internet browser down and open it back up it won't display again either. If so that is exactly what is happening.
But it does depend on how your browser is setup though so it may not work exactly that way.
Of all the testing I've done I can't find out why, but it doesn't have anything to do with Len's site here. That I'm 99% sure of. It's something on Webshots end and a few other free hosting sites from what I hear.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.