Odd Phone Call Today?!?!?!?

Captn C

I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the H
While at work today my cell rings...It shows the call is from Minnesota???

The guy on the phone states he is from the History Channel and they are planning to do a show on "Animal Attacks". He said he heard that me my wife had something like that happen to her involving a hog. I told him that she had been attacked by a hog during a hunting trip and he ask if I thought she would interview for their show. I told him I thought she would. So he ask if we might come to San Antonio sometime during the week of of the 13th...I said sure!

How cool is that!:D

now thats cool the history channel is one of the few channels i'll watch besides fox news i really like the dogfight series let us know if they air your story

Cool!
I watch the History Channel more than any other.
I recently saw your post about the attack here. Was the attack recent or do we maybe have a long range hunter at the History Channel.:)
James

Very cool! Perhaps you could give us a "sneak peak" describtion of the attack. Sounds interesting. I imagine the hog lost in the end :D.

The Short Story....

10-14-2007

I had shot a nice 125lb class boar hog with a bow. The shot was quartering away and I hit him right where I wanted. I seen him go down and gave him about 15 minutes. When I was not paying attention he got up and left where I had seen him go down. So to give him a bit more time I went and got the wife from her stand to help on the tracking job.

She likes to carry handguns and she was carrying her 44Mag Super Blackhawk. I don't have near the hearing I used to from a hunting incident and she seen the hog ahead of me stand up while I was following the blood trail. She rasied her voice so I could hear her, well the hog heard her too...and charged her!

She was marking blood and not following close. I could see though the brush and seen the hog closeing on her. He knocked her down about the time I yelled at her to shoot him. She went down on her gun side, so she couldn't break leather. He rooted her around a bit and got on top of thigh. That was when she hit him in the nose.

As he fled she got up and one handed a shot at the angery boar. gun)
We found out later that because she didn't have a good grip on her pistol is broke a bone in her hand.

The hog only went a short distance before it expired. The wifes shot was low and only caused a flesh wound on the off front leg. My arrow had passed though one lung and the liver, but it took alot longer than normal (1.5 hour) for the hit to be fatal.

Yeah...I thought this was the short story...LOL

Update:

Got some more details; I talked with the producer yesterday. The show is "Monster Quest" on the History Channel.

He wants us to meet him in Columbus, Texas February 16th to do the interviews and do a re-enactment of the story. During the re-enactment they want the wife to even do the "jump up shootin" part!gun)

More details to follow as the come!

Cool Columbus you say, Your goona be just down the road from me. I'm in Giddings and usually around the LaGrange area.

Hope to catch it on the History Channel.

later on..tim

We got'er Done!

They canceled doing it on Saturday because of the weather, but we did get to do it Sunday.

It was pretty fun doing the re-enactment...the wife was pretty nervuos about being in front of the camera, but got into it pretty darn quick.

They said the show should air the first week of June. I'll keep everyone posted once they finalize a date.

Very nice from the New guy on the block.

That is very cool Captn. When I first checked out this forum, your wife's story was one of the first threads I read. Now I can't get on here enough. Just moved to Nor Calif and trying to connect with hog hunters. Slim pickens so far. Alot of private land has the most success.
Anyway, can't wait to see the show. Lucky you got a wife that is into it.

Cutter

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.