Odd experience whitetail hunting

L:DL! Both my boys, esp. my oldest, can sleep anywhere in any condition. Because of that I started keeping them within smacking distance. The good thing is that they can wake up and function from dead sleep in no time.

I remember one time while antelope hunting, I tapped my oldest's shoulder to wake him up, pointed at the antelope doe, in a matter of 30 seconds or so, he downed it at 150 yards and we're home by noon. :)

Oh to be young and FULLY FUNCTIONAL!!! I am not overly old by any means, just some hard miles I guess taking their toll as with all of us. I tell my wife I am a "high Mileage late model", she agrees and tells me I better keep running smoothly or she will trade me in on a new model!! :D

Oh to be young and FULLY FUNCTIONAL!!! I am not overly old by any means, just some hard miles I guess taking their toll as with all of us. I tell my wife I am a "high Mileage late model", she agrees and tells me I better keep running smoothly or she will trade me in on a new model!! :D

I hear ya! At 51, my hunting buddies (another 51, early 20s and late 20s) were putting 15-20 miler weekends up and down the MT wilderness ... I'm sure glad it's over ... I am all spent. Today is my leave ... to recover from it all. :)

I hear ya! At 51, my hunting buddies (another 51, early 20s and late 20s) were putting 15-20 miler weekends up and down the MT wilderness ... I'm sure glad it's over ... I am all spent. Today is my leave ... to recover from it all. :)

Recover well my friend. My Dad is 73 this year. Just Saturday he was out with me humping some hills. We got him a young mule deer buck for the freezer. After he out the buck down and we went down to make sure all was finished off. I told him to sit and relax and enjoy his buck and fine shot, I would make the mile hike back up the hill to get the truck no problem. Least I could do for my Dad. He got me into loving the outdoors and I am just as focused at keeping him in the field as I am getting my daughter into it. I owe him much more then I can ever repay for what he did for me when I was young.

Now that hunting season is over, we will hit the ice fishing ponds which he also loves!!! My little one, NOT SO MUCH!!! LOL

Recover well my friend. My Dad is 73 this year. Just Saturday he was out with me humping some hills. We got him a young mule deer buck for the freezer. After he out the buck down and we went down to make sure all was finished off. I told him to sit and relax and enjoy his buck and fine shot, I would make the mile hike back up the hill to get the truck no problem. Least I could do for my Dad. He got me into loving the outdoors and I am just as focused at keeping him in the field as I am getting my daughter into it. I owe him much more then I can ever repay for what he did for me when I was young.

Now that hunting season is over, we will hit the ice fishing ponds which he also loves!!! My little one, NOT SO MUCH!!! LOL

Thanks! Enjoy your precious moments with your Dad as well. Congrats to your Dad and good on you for keeping the tradition lit and alive.

My late Dad was not a hunter but we used to fish a lot.

I too love to ice fish; we normally just go to Lake Frances

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.