O3 SPRINGFIELD? Just nood a little advice.

kc

got my hands on a real good high number O3 Springfield barreled action.The only broblem I have, is the previous owner had it drilled for a scope and 4 holes for peep-sights. I have been involved in building 3 rifles this years already.
Should I go ahead and live with this and build another hunting rifle?
If so what calabre? its already for an 06.
My friend whose famly is in the pawn buisness, told Greg the guy who was on his last week came in and with the pawn ticket and payed off his loan DANG!
I have also a full .308 that was realy rusty till we started work and we have plans. Well Ralph has (6.5CREEDMOORE).

I won't buy a Springfield or Mauser that's already been drilled and tapped. I've seen too many not on the centerline and most often who knows what base the hole spacing is for and if that spacing is correct. "Swiss Cheese" ain't my thing!

Have to agree with you. I can get the holes tig welded for $free,
the peep sights were on the side. the thing i need to do is bring it into the DR (gunshith)to give his
opinion he does a Rockwell test to check the forged parts. I did ask one gunsmith and he told me if I use whe wrong diamiter of cartrige(3006) it will blow them out and will never hold the cases.
I don"t need a .270 the only case for the sides to fit it a .35 WELEN, or a .280.
I guess I will keep an eye open for any rifles comming into the pawn shop.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.