nyles catfish dinners

stxhunter

Nyles these are the 4 inch channel cats i stocked the pond with 6 months ago looks like its time for some free catfish dinners
ranchfish013.jpg
ranchfish015.jpg

Last edited:
Those are about as perfect as you can get for frying !!!

its amazing how fast they grow isin't it , i things I remember hearing in agricultural science class back in jr high that they gain like 10 oz per every 16 that they eat !!! thats an amazing growth rate.

what are ya feeding them

james i have only fed them one 50# bag of food . I'll probally get a feeder set up some time soon i just have not had the time to run the 86 miles out there and feed them more often

My MY MY.....UMMM! UMMM!

Those in fact great fryin size! But wont hurt to let em get a lil bigger then you can fillet em and dont worry about bones!

You makin me hungry! Its catfish house tonight!!! And I didnt have breakfast!

we just put 100 4" fingerlings in my dads pond about a month agao and you can already see how much bigger they are.

We have two of the "strait shot" deer feeders mounted on opposite ends of the pond (2.5 acre) that go off one in the AM one in the PM and put out about 5lbs of feed each , Hes also feeding bream and some small bass but each time the feeded goes off they will boil the water till its gone , we will probably up the feed to 15lbs a day soon.

we have finaly thinned the turtles out to just one or two very small ones but their day will come soon

i have killed more turtles than dove this year we have thousands of leaperd frogs i take a bare hook dangle in front of a frog he'll jump and grab it and i got my bait for the catfish thats what my buddy davey has in his hand in top pic

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.