NXS Illumination Question

royinidaho

Fired up the NXS for a 4th of July shot in the dark just to compete w/neighbor's fireworks.

Am I dumb or what?

Now that I know how to turn on the illumination. . . it seems to be fixed?????

If its fixed that bright its pretty much useless for full moon non-snow night use.:rolleyes:

Gimme a hand here!

Answered my own question: From their web page:

Currently, all Nightforce Optics riflescopes come standard with an illuminated reticle. For the full-size NXS models, the illumination is activated by pulling out on the parallax knob. The illumination intensity is preset at the factory for a low ambient light level environment. The intensity of the illumination is not externally adjustable. Adjustment is located beneath the battery. Refer to owner's manual for setting instructions.

I think I'm bummed. If it were on any rifle other than the 375 AM I think it would go down the road!

The batteies are probably dead in all of mine. I can't remember ever turning them on other than maybe playing with it when new.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.