NXS Illumination Question

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by royinidaho, Jul 4, 2012.

1. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Fired up the NXS for a 4th of July shot in the dark just to compete w/neighbor's fireworks.

Am I dumb or what?

Now that I know how to turn on the illumination. . . it seems to be fixed?????

If its fixed that bright its pretty much useless for full moon non-snow night use.:rolleyes:

Gimme a hand here!

Answered my own question: From their web page:

Currently, all Nightforce Optics riflescopes come standard with an illuminated reticle. For the full-size NXS models, the illumination is activated by pulling out on the parallax knob. The illumination intensity is preset at the factory for a low ambient light level environment. The intensity of the illumination is not externally adjustable. Adjustment is located beneath the battery. Refer to owner’s manual for setting instructions.

I think I'm bummed. If it were on any rifle other than the 375 AM I think it would go down the road!

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

The batteies are probably dead in all of mine. I can't remember ever turning them on other than maybe playing with it when new.

Jeff

3. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Hey Roy~ when all else fails, read the directions...:rolleyes:

4. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

yeah, I'm not the brightest spud in the sack:cool:

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Solved everything.

Ran the battery dry. Won't replace....

Pretty clever, huh?!:rolleyes: