Now that's an ACTION!!

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by goodgrouper, Aug 13, 2006.

1. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

Now that\'s an ACTION!!

It is probably a little overkill but I think I need one anyway! This is an absolute monster from Bat Machine. It belongs to a new friend of mine who uses it for a rail gun in 100 yard BR matches.

This thing absolutely dwarfs all the other actions on the line including the aluminum BR actions like Vipers and Pandas. I didn't weigh it but I would bet it was close to 5 pounds all by itself! Kirby, I think this would be a good canditate for a new monster caliber. You could call it the 25mm Overkill or something!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Re: Now that\'s an ACTION!!

GG, that looks like a BAT 10" with a 2" dia breech area.

3. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Re: Now that\'s an ACTION!!

GG,

It looks like a 2" diameter BAT but it does not look like its 10" long. I have the 10"x2" on Black Sunshine and yes they are HUGE. 6 1/4 lbs just in the bare receiver!!!

I think we need a bit larger diameter barrel shank for a 25mm wildcat though!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Funny you mention that, I have a batch of 20mm cases headed my way as we speak, skeaming again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

What is he going to build on that receiver?

Kirby Allen(50)