Not too expensive scope?

captdavid

Long range, for me, is 500yds as that is the longest distance that I feel comfortable. I shoot a 280 Rem with a 26" barrel and 150BTs @a little under 3000fps. I am looking for a scope for under $200 that has repeatable clicks. I currently have a Simmons 44mag with target knobs. I would call it semi-repeatable. It might be off 1.5 or so in a 4" box @ 100yds. Please don't recommend more expensive scopes. I can't afdford them at thes time. If I can't find one for $200 or so I'll just have to wait. thanks for your help, capt david /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 under 200.00 and very reliable. Got mine from etronics for 165.00 including shipping.

I'll keep that in mind. I guess I should have added that I would prefer a variable. capt david

+1 on the nikon,

I had a 3-9 buckmaster and it was a very good scope.
Now I have a monarch and it is excellent (more like $380 for that).

We are shooting prairie dogs, at 5-600 yard range with 204's and 223's with Nikko Stirling 6-24x56 platinum nighteater, extended mildots, & side focus...for $169 at cheaper than dirt.

Just mounted another on a Remington 722 with a 243 varmint barrel...going to start on the 600-1000 yard prairie dogs.

I have the Browning 8-24 MilDot from the link below for a couple of months now. Took it prairie dog shooting a few weeks ago came home and ordered another one.

Here is my opinion for what it is worth:

First impression is that it is a very good looking scope.

Browning Logo and name are engraved on the scope, not put on with a decal.

It has rubber grips on AO, turret caps and power ring.

The fast focus eyepiece is stiff enough that you won't move it accidentally, the power adjustment moves easily and smoothly, the AO is a little stiffer so it won't move accidentally.

Clicks are positive and solid, one of the few scopes that I have seen that when you click 1/4" the point of impact moves a 1/4" not a 1/2" or more!! This was verified on my 222 that shoots .25 groups.

Took it through the power settings: 8X, 12X, 18X and 24X and all shots stayed inside a .5" at 100 yards.

Crosshairs and dots are a nice size, not to large or to small.

It's is as bright and clear as are the Bushnell Elites.

All of the scope markings such as yards and power settings are a nice contrasting gold that makes them easy to read.

I hope none of you believe me because I am going to get another one before they are gone.

http://natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID...rodID=BH882732M

[ QUOTE ]
I have the Browning 8-24 MilDot from the link below for a couple of months now. Took it prairie dog shooting a few weeks ago came home and ordered another one

Bushnell makes the scope for Browning.
All it is is a Bushell 3200...

What about Vortex? Does anybody have an experience of using any Vortex scope? They are not very cheap, but still not expensive.

Another good scope to check out would be the Sightron series..These scopes are really making a statement..
I'm not sure the price point, the S1 series starts at,S2 series Every bit as good as the Bushnell Elite 3200 series and Leuopold VX2 very competive to the Bushnell 4200 and some say better than Leupold VX3.
Cause unlike the VX3 these Sightrons are one piece tubes
are quite a bit cheeper in price and equivalent eye relief and holds zero every bit as good as the Leupolds and tough rugged, dependable,and the warrenty is every bit as good as Leupolds..
According to Outdoorlife mag, they fell short of making Editors Choice to the Bushnell 4200 6x24x40 but made the Best buy award..
In fact It was either there brightness or clarity that was equivelent to the Leupolds VX7...
For thats quite abit of scope for the price...

[ QUOTE ]
Another good scope to check out would be the Sightron series..These scopes are really making a statement..
I'm not sure the price point, the S1 series starts at,S2 series Every bit as good as the Bushnell Elite 3200 series and Leuopold VX2 very competive to the Bushnell 4200 and some say better than Leupold VX3.
Cause unlike the VX3 these Sightrons are one piece tubes
are quite a bit cheeper in price and equivalent eye relief and holds zero every bit as good as the Leupolds and tough rugged, dependable,and the warrenty is every bit as good as Leupolds..
According to Outdoorlife mag, they fell short of making Editors Choice to the Bushnell 4200 6x24x40 but made the Best buy award..
In fact It was either there brightness or clarity that was equivelent to the Leupolds VX7...
For thats quite abit of scope for the price...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sightron? I've never heard about - but they have pretty nice website.
I also found any unknown brand with similar name - Sightmark ( Sightmark ). Do you guys know anything about their reflex sights? It seems they also offers some scopes with illumintated reticule.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.