not seeing pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hunter129, Jan 5, 2006.

1. hunter129

hunter129 Member

the pics you guys post in your threads, I dont see. do I need to change a setting or what? please help.

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Two possibilities that I can think of.

First is in "My Home" you have turned off viewing the pictures when you registered.

There is a line that looks like this

<font color="blue"> View user's pictures with their posts?
    </font>
    Click "yes"

Second is you have a very slow connection speed and it is getting timed out.

3. hunter129

hunter129 Member

buffalobob
    everything seems to be clicked yes to see pics but still dont see them. do i need to go to another site to see pics or should they show up in the actual post? do i need to veiw pics at photobucket or image station or elsewhere. when you veiw someones pics do they automatically come up in the post or is there a clickable link? sorry to keep hammerin you.

4. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

They should be viewable in the post as long as they are recent. Some of the older pictures have been removed from the hosting site for one reason or another. The pictures of the 946 yard elk thread or the ladder test thread should be open and viewable as soon as you open the page.

5. hunter129

hunter129 Member

yeah kinda what i figured 4ked horn but where the pic should be there is just a skip in the text. no idea!

6. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

They come up automatically if everything is right at your end.

Just as a test go to Hunt101 and see if you see their pictures.

hunt101

If you want to see stupid stuff you can look at my pictures there. The train pictures that should show up down in the bottom forum under "River Crossing" are there so if you see them at hunt101 and not on this forum I do not know anything to help you. Except to suggest you email Dave King and start up a conversation with him.

7. hunter129

hunter129 Member

no problem at hunt101. thanx guys for the replies. still no pics at LRH. if you think of anything else i'd sure appreciate it.