Not Long range

battlestick

But cool nonetheless. Maximum distance will be around 250. I sigthed it in at 200 and with the 2.8 magnification and non-reflective targets that is pretty much max. Maybe with glowing eyes it will give another 50 yards?

New NS-D520-G2+ mounted up. Da torch IR Illuminator, and man does this thing light up the night. For Gen2, this is as good as it gets from what I hear.

That is sweet, I'm looking at a similar setup. How does it work on a star filled night?

Pfft. This thing is amazing. Only on the darkest of nights is the illumintaor needed.

I have yet to credit any kills to it, but for target shooting out to 250 I only use the illuminator for a final "target identification" and to be absolutely accurate on my POA. I suspect when I finally get a yote, or similar sized animal, in the scope I will do the same to get the most accurate POA.

I have seen deer on the far edge of one of my fields (285 yds) and I can tell if it is a buck or a doe without illumination unless there is very little to no ambient light. Now I can't count tines or anything without the illuminator, but it speaks to the image abilities. I would say tines under the 3 to 4 inch range I cannot make out at that range due to the low magnification.

By no means does it gather light like a Gen3, but for hunting I don't think it can be beat. IMO, 200 yards is a VERY long shot for night hunting operations.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.