Not long range but powder question quickload help?

kweidner

Developing some 300 blackout subsonic stuff. I have a question for those of you that have quickload. Viht n133 sits right between IMR and hodgdon 4198. plenty of data on 4198 but none on N133. Hodgdon shows a 208 amax subsonic load of 11 grains of 4198 it also shows a 16.9 grain compressed load in a bullet similar so the bulkiness is real close as you will see below.

I have a swaged 190 hollowpoint jacketed I would like to use along with n133 as I have 16#.

After seating bullet, there is 1.03 inches left for powder in the case. I filled the case to where the bullet would not compress the powder and then weighed and came up with a 100 percent fill non compressed as 15.9 grains .

11 grains of n133 would give a 69% 10 grains is 56% fill of remaining case after seating.

Anyone got quickload and help me out here?

Trying to make sure i don't get into pressure issues or secondary explosion. Rule of thumb for fast powders would be never go below 30% fill. certainly nowhere near that just looking for some advice I'm a mac user and have no way to use quickload.

can someone run this for me please?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts