not long range,but...(2010 muley)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NONYA, Sep 6, 2010.

1. NONYA

NONYA Banned

Hunting season started off with a something I never thought would happen a big FULL VELVET non typ buck with my bow in Montana,took three stalks to close the deal finally put him down with a 20 yard quartering away shot that went through his lung and severed his jugular on the exit.Thanx to Jeff and Rich and everyone that helped me put this together this year.We looked at 50 bucks today and this was the only mature deer with any velvet left and its perfect,the dropper tine in the back makes it all that much better!You think making that 900 yard shot is tough?Try spot stalk muley hunting on the open prarie!

[​IMG]

2. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

Awesome! great story and nice deer. The only buck I've seen in velvet (up close) was taken with an F150

3. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Nice job!

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Very nice deer. I guess he should have hid where there was more than ankle high grass. :D

5. 300rum

300rum Well-Known Member

Hi Nonya,

What was your holdover for 350yrds?
    Just kidding.... I was trying last year bow hunting, and all I have to told you is... ALL MY RESPECTS for someone who know to get that close to a deer on open field, just with a bow and arrow.
    The closest to a deer what I came with a bow was 60yrds, and men, I tried almost everything... but the deer didn't cooperated.
    So one week later I was back to rifle hunting and got all my tags and a cow elk.

6. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Wow! Great job.

7. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

Nice looking buck, and great stalking skills.

Stu.

8. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

WTG on a great harvest!

Ed