Not all Rem 700 are the same

Everyone: I just called Remington back to find out more info and I asked for and had the same fellow call me right back. After consulting with someone else he retracted his statement from the other day and apologized. He confirms that I have an improperly drilled and tapped receiver. I hope it is just off length wise and not off center.

He states that all of their long action receivers have the same exact scope hole pattern. And same thing for all of their short actions having their own same pattern.

I also apologize for causing any concern. Sam.

I think Rem has 3 actions a short a long and a long magnum. I have a 6mm-284 built on a long action from a 30/06 and I have a 375 H&H in a Rem 700 classic they are both the same length. But if you look at my 7mm STW Sendero or my 300 Ultra they are about 1/8inch longer in the magazine box then the 6mm-284 and the 375 H&H. Unless they just cut more of the box out for the real long magnums?

Did you like that Brent? Just when you thought you had it I changed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It sounded better in my head but when I read it after I posted it I figured I better clear what I said up or I was going to have some Remington owners falling off their chairs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts