Not a tac fan

JEFF15I

just got back from new mexico elk hunting,shot 5 arrows at camp and had a limb crack. called pse to help me out and after 1 hour finally got them to first day air new limbs, they said was easy to replace that is a joke.2 days late a guy comes into camp with a tac and after 10 shoots his crank mechanism would not work anymore. so if you are going on a hunt of a lifetime DO NOT take a tac. jeff from wisconsin

Jeff,
sorry to hear that about your tac its man made there is always problems its how the dealers help you and what they can do to help you solve the problem i have not had any problems with mine and none of my friends have eithier one has had his for over 2 years now and not a single problem.... travis

Thats got to be a very frustrating situation, and I'd be pretty angry too....BUT....problems like this are very rare (I know that doesn't help YOUR situation one bit).
By comparison, look at the problems the Bowtech crossbows have....you'd swear there are as many problems as there are owners.
Tim

Re: Not a BowTech fan

By comparison, look at the problems the Bowtech crossbows have....you'd swear there are as many problems as there are owners.
Tim
No kidding. I used to own a BowTech non X-bow. After what I went through with BowTech, I will never own another BowTech product. Nor would I recommend BowTech to anyone.

just got back from new mexico elk hunting,shot 5 arrows at camp and had a limb crack.
2 days late a guy comes into camp with a tac and after 10 shoots his crank mechanism would not work anymore.
Any chance either Tac was damaged getting to the hunt?
(Did you fly, baggage handlers?)

How many shots had you put through your Tac before the Elk hunt?

What went wrong with the other guy's Tac crank mechanism?

so if you are going on a hunt of a lifetime DO NOT take a tac.
My advice would be, if you are going on the hunt of a lifetime, take three of the appropriate hunting weapons (Rifle, X-Bow, ...), plenty of Projectiles (Cartridges, Arrows), and pack them all separately. Ship two of them well ahead of the hunt.
Read-up on what African professional hunting companies and guides recommend for those very expensive hunts of a lifetime.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.