Nosler To Introduce 6.5mm HotRod !!

Outlaw6.0

The 26 Nosler

Just as the debate on which 6.5cal is the baddest, Nosler introduces the 26 Nosler. Fitting in the '06 length action, the 26 Nosler is reported to spit the 129grn Long Range Accu-bombs @ 3400Fps.

Not to shabby..... :cool:

t

I just saw this article on facebook and if it will do what they say it will, that will be a very impressive rifle. hopefully more info will be available very soon

The real question is how many rifle companies are going to get on board and support this cartridge? Without mainstream support it will die out like so many others have. But it sounds very interesting and I'd like to own one:D

Interesting question. Think of Lazzeroni or Dakota. If you source your own brass & build your own rifles, it's not nearly as big a deal to support a proprietary cartridge.

Nosler is probably bigger than both, revenue wise, they should do well with it. The one caveat I see is farmer Fudd picking up a 26 Nosler, heading to the prarie dog town with it & torching a barrel in one afternoon. There WILL be complaining about the cartridges bore life going on.

The more educated bipeds (us) know how to utilize such a cartridge & I expect to see a fair amount of praise (as long as it's performance goals are actually met) from our crowd.

t

Got a buddy that is tore up about this round, he wants one really bad.
Wonder how long it will be before smiths have a reamer and dies/brass is on the market?

This new cartridge should go over very well with proper marketing. LRH is the "newest" craze in the hunting world. If it was me doing the marketing for the rifle, you let the ballistics speak, and say how much easier and farther you can shoot because of the speed. So there will be less error on your part. If you look at the current trends for companies pushing this subject, its all about ease, and not that you might actually have to practice. Look how gunwerks or best of the west was promoting the 7mm with bergers vs a different cartridge and non bergers, that's apples to oranges. Nosler will do a similar comparison, mark my words. "just look at the 26 nosler vs the 260 Rem" Look how Rage broadheads promotes themselves "expand your kill zone" really?

But I think it will be good to have a current commercial produced hot rod in this class. I could defiantly see savage adding it to their long range line of factory rifles.

I bet, as well, Savage jumps on this one. It would be stupid not to do so. They already have several 6.5's available and the rifles fly off the shelves.

What is weird is how many people on here already have chamberings doing all of this plus some. Shermans, SIN, STW, SAUM, etc. We need a 6.5-50 BMG now. Geesh.

What I personally think the 6.5 world needs is .700 plus BC bullets in the 160 range such as the Matrix. Doesn't it make more sense to promote LR with High BC, heavier pills, in faster chambers like this? For example a 130 pill at 3400 vs a 160 at 3000 at 1000 yards is 100 FPS difference, advantage to the 130. Kinetic energy advantage is to the 160 by 120 lbs. At 1300 FPS difference is null but the energy of the 160 is 145 lbs more. May be I am not on the right track?

But I think it will be good to have a current commercial produced hot rod in this class. I could defiantly see savage adding it to their long range line of factory rifles.

Ohhh... good point! I sure hope they do, I would love a LRH in 26 Nosler...

Noted & added to the wish list..

t

This new cartridge should go over very well with proper marketing. LRH is the "newest" craze in the hunting world. If it was me doing the marketing for the rifle, you let the ballistics speak, and say how much easier and farther you can shoot because of the speed. So there will be less error on your part. If you look at the current trends for companies pushing this subject, its all about ease, and not that you might actually have to practice. Look how gunwerks or best of the west was promoting the 7mm with bergers vs a different cartridge and non bergers, that's apples to oranges. Nosler will do a similar comparison, mark my words. "just look at the 26 nosler vs the 260 Rem" Look how Rage broadheads promotes themselves "expand your kill zone" really?

Actually it is being compared to the .264 Win mag and it out performs it by around 200fps.
Where it goes from there is any ones guess at this point.
They are also claiming it is a completely new round not based on anything past or present.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.