Nosler reload data

400bull

Is Nosler reload data for the BT interchangable with the AccuBond? The 130 BT shoots great out of my Win 270 and was hopping that I could us the same load for the 130 AccuBond.

400bull

Is Nosler reload data for the BT interchangable with the AccuBond? The 130 BT shoots great out of my Win 270 and was hopping that I could us the same load for the 130 AccuBond.

400bull

I have found them to be close but not quite close enough as to not warrent dropping down a couple of grains and working back up. This is limited to a couple of rifles only and one required a powder change to get similar accuracy results. Hell it might just shoot better than a BT in your rifle you never know untill you try em.

Best of luck

Wideners was out of BTs when I went by there the other day, so I went with the Accubonds instead. I did what Hypersonic suggested with the feeling they would end up being the same load. They were dam close. For my Abolt 280, they were close enuf. For my custom guns that I like to touch holes with, not close enuf.

Knowing what I know now, I would still start low and work up, unless Nosler said there was no need. Jim R

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll back things off a tad and go from there. I would also like to try some of Ramshots Hunter powder. Anyone thoughts out there on Ramshot Powder?

400bull

From what I can find it seems to be close to RL-19/ IMR-4831 in burn rate and should be in the range for 130 grain bullets depending on what your rifle likes though. Being spherical it should run through a measure better than the stick powders. I have not tried this powder as I have had excellent results with two of the 4350's H-4831 and RL19 and 22 from .264 up to .308. Now you have me wondering!!!! so I guess I am going to have to make room for yet another powder on my shelf.

Ramshot's Hunter falls right between H-4350 and RL-19. Although I haven't used this particular powder, I have used Magnum, Big Game, and TAC with great results. I like Ramshot a lot. Good luck.

You can always call and speak to one of noslers techs during buisness hours (oregon time) at 1-800-285-3701 they have been very helpful to me in the past.
Good luck Skip

I have worked up a couple of loads using the Ramshot Hunter as well as the Magnum and both work very well for the calibers used. I haven't had enough time to get down to the real nitty gritty and check on any temp issues but everything else has worked out very well. The load from my .270 using the 130gr Hornady SST is running just over 3000 fps from my 22" barrel with no pressure signs and grouping around 1/2" at 200yds. I haven't tried it on deer yet but it drops hogs well out to 300yds and fits the Burris ballistic plex perfectly out to 400yds.

I did a limited amount of work using the Magnum with my STW this past week and found that it is showing some very good velocities with 160gr bullets as well. Hopefully I will have a chance sometime after the first of the year to work on it some more but for now I have other critters to skin.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.