Nosler or Bertram brass?

Nosler is available.

I use Nosler brass for a large variety of chamberings. It is "softer" than others but high quality. I like what others don't exceeding 56k psi shows ejector marks.

Graf & Son's seems to have Bertram.

Never used Bertram, I am tempted to get the Edge brass that is listed to see what it is like.

The Bertram 338 Edge brass is much tougher than any other brass so I'd lean that direction for 338RUM brass too. Nosler is nice and consistent but it is notoriously soft.

I can't compare, but we've used the Nosler for the standard RUM, as well as the "Edge", and it's worked well for us. It's consistent over several years.

Good to hear that Bertram brass has a following. I have hesitated to try it because I have had a good supply of the 338 RUM in Remington brass and had great luck with it. (I to stay away from 60,000 psi loads and limit my loading to 62,000 and stay out of trouble.

Even with Lapua brass that will take 65,000 I steer clear of Max Loads.

Nosler brass is/was made by Federal and what I tried did not work out well.

With all of the positive post on Bertram brass I will have to try some if Remington does not get right
with there brass production.

J E CUSTOM

I think you'll be happy with Bertram if it's anything like my cheytac brass. I got 6 loadings of not very nice reloads and primer pockets are still tight. I got to anneal because they have become work hardened but so far I'm impressed. I haven't weighed them or checked the capacity so I don't know how uniform it is but so far it is tough.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.