Nosler-Norma brass

eric2381

Hello. Lately I've been looking for Nosler 300 Win. Mag. brass. It's hard to find anything, let alone the Nosler brass. I was at a gun show today and couldn't find any again. I did find 100 Norma brass though. Three fellows I spoke to said that Nosler brass is made by Norma and is the same thing. Is there any truth to this? The brass I bought was once fired and I paid $8 per 20 brass. Thanks, Eric

Hello. Lately I've been looking for Nosler 300 Win. Mag. brass. It's hard to find anything, let alone the Nosler brass. I was at a gun show today and couldn't find any again. I did find 100 Norma brass though. Three fellows I spoke to said that Nosler brass is made by Norma and is the same thing. Is there any truth to this? The brass I bought was once fired and I paid $8 per 20 brass. Thanks, Eric

No, the strongest rumor is that Federal makes the brass for Nosler. There was a forum member here a couple years ago that worked for Nosler at the time. He said that Federal is the supplier.

And, with all the problems with Noslers 300win brass being reported lately. I, myself, would steer clear of Nosler brass.

Keep looking for Norma.

I had bought 50 pieces of nosler brass for my 300 ultra and the brass was some of the best i had ever seen as weight consistency goes they were all very close. My problem with them was if you used a moderate to hot load all i would get is one reload on a case and then the primer pocket would be to lose to even hold a primer in it. NOt trying to knock nosler's brass but for that kind of money i was really hoping to get more reloads out of it. With the same loads in remington brass i was getting at least four reloads out of them.

I dont know if you would have those same problems or not since yours is 300 win mag but i would think the same things would happen. Ive always had good luck with Rem brass you have to do alittle more case prep on them but they seem to last alot longer and as hard as brass is to come by these days the longer they last the better.

Hope this helped
Nathan.

I just got 200 rnds from Nosler Friday in 300 Rum for a .338 Edge project that is getting put together hopefully to be done by fall.

I've been told by others not Nosler that Nosler brass is Norma brass.

Like everyone else that has a hot rod .338 I sure do wish Lapua made 300 RUM brass!!!!

Considering Midway is selling Norma 300 WM for $35 per 20 and a Norma case will likely get you 10-20 reloads, I think you got one heck of a deal.

Thanks guys. The fellow that I bought this stuff from has another 100 at home. I might as well buy it as well. I'll need to call and cancel my order for Nosler brass. I'll try out my 7mm brass I have loaded, hopefully it'll last a bit. I just need some warmer weather so I can get out and do some shooting. Eric

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.