Nosler long range accubond 30 cal 190 gr - results?

I had really good luck in both my 300 win mag and 300 RUM. Great groups at 500 yards 3" or less consistently. With H4831 it seemed to like the lower load and Retumbo shot towards the max load. Hope they work good on game!

Thanks Bill,

I'm going to start with 70 gr. Of H4831SC and work up to near max of 72.5...do you recall what your best load was I.e should I start my work up somewhere close to but under 70? Have you hunted elk with your Win Mag?

Regards to you as well,

Don

I will try to look the load up tomorrow and PM you. I have used my 300 win mag for elk but it was with 165 Nosler BT's at about 3050 fps and it racked up 5 elk all grave yard dead, all basically boom flop. I ran it slow because it was shooting under .25" and the speed worked well with the BT's for performance. I am hoping to have as good of luck with the ABLR!

i just got 200 of these and im in the process of loading some up with rl-17 for my 30-06. should have more to say in a couple weeks but they do look mean

Ya if their bc is anywhere near what it's advertised as and can do 2700 it will be an awesome elk round

Yeh, 2700 should be no problem...just got my 190's today from Midway and loaded 5 with 70 gr. H4831sc and 10 with 72 gr. Also moved COL from 3.555 to 3.560 (lands on my Rem 700 begin at the bullet ogive at 3.575.

Will be at the range tomorrow evening with my chrono to see what's what. I'll post the results.

Don

I have used Accubonds in my 300 win mag with excellent results. Shoots flat despite it's weight, very consistent .5 groups. I do not know what you are hunting, but I prefer the 150 grains for just about everything except the big bears which I have never hunted. They are VERY flat shooting, expand perfectly, and IMHO, the best hunting bullet available. All the bullet makers have jumped on the same bandwagon now, but Nosler got it right the first try. The only problem I have had with any Nosler bullet is with the ballistic tip before they came out with the hunting ballistic tip. They expanded way to fast if you hit an animal under a hundred yards and the exit wound was usually the entire far side of the deer. Smaller caliber bullets in my .257 STW simply blew up upon contact and left a crater wherever it hit. But again, these were not hunting ballistic tips and not rated for hunting.

Shot my 190 ABLR's for the first time yesterday with good results...about 1.5" at 100 yards, My rifle shot under 1" with 200 partitions and AB's so I think it's just me. With 72 grs of H4831SC FOS averaged 2853 ... I going to kick it up by .5 grns. To see if I can get it to 2900. I will post the results.

Don

Try either Re22 or H 1000. Both of those have outperformed any other powders I have used in my 300 Win mag. The Re22 is superior to the H1000, but is very temperature sensitive. 1.5 groups are good, no doubt, but you should be able to get under an inch with just a little fine tuning.

I am curious as to why you want such a heavy bullet. Are you planning a hunt for the big bears in Alaska? A 150 or 165 will give you better performance on anything in the lower 48. Just MHO. I used to be a big bullet guy, but when I stared using the 150's I experienced a major conversion.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.