Nosler Custom Brass

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Spino, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Spino

Spino Well-Known Member

I'm new to reloading (8months) and thought that I would try some of the new Nosler Custom Brass. I'm shooting a 7mm 75 Sako Hunter. The reload components are scirocco 150 gr, Winchester Brass, CCI 250 primer & 65.5gr of RL-19. I have shot 3/4" groups with this. Moved everything to the Nosler Custom Brass = $43 box of 50 & my groups opened to 4"? Not sure what happened here? I checked the gun over for loose screws, but everything is secure. Any feedback on the Nosler Custom brass would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Spino!

2. sewwhat89

sewwhat89 Well-Known Member

It is thicker/heavier brass. I had to drop my loads back a grain or two so I could keep the same pressure, velocity and group size. The same thing held in my 300 WM and .243. Drop the charges a bit, and I bet your groups come right back and then some.

3. Spino

Spino Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip & saving me time on this one! Ahh a glimpse of hope from an expierenced friend!

4. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i would check the neck diameter of a loaded round and make sure it's smaller than a spent shell fired from the same gun.it's unlikely but a very bad scenario if your loaded round is pinching in the neck area.

second, i would load some in the old brass and see if it's still as accurate.as previously stated, you probably changed your velocity a little. try to get the same muzzle velocity and see if the accuracy returns.

5. Spino

Spino Well-Known Member

I'm new to reloading (8months) and thought that I would try some of the new Nosler Custom Brass. I'm shooting a 7mm 75 Sako Hunter. The reload components are scirocco 150 gr, Winchester Brass, CCI 250 primer & 65.5gr of RL-19. I have shot 3/4" groups with this. Moved everything to the Nosler Custom Brass = $43 box of 50 & my groups opened to 4"? Not sure what happened here? I checked the gun over for loose screws, but everything is secure. Any feedback on the Nosler Custom brass would be appreciated

Ok, reducing the load has helped, but I'm down to 62 gr. and still not where I want to be. I'm shooting about 1 1/2" groups. I don't have a chrony. Should I continue to reduce my load? Am I sacrificing velocity here? Help!!